N/S Sam Bradford traded to The Vikings (1 Viewer)

Why didn't they just pack it in and tank with Hill? Draft a QB in the draft. We know that they had Superbowl aspiration, but this injury is to close to the season opener to find a decent replacement. Not even Rodgers or Brees can start on a totally different team in a different offense in 8 days. They are looking to start atleast 0-2 and have Bradford come in and still struggle to get the playbook down. Could end up 1-3 or 0-4 really quickly. You're basically fighting for a wildcard at best this year. Trade was a waste. Should be looking at great QB prospect or AD replacement in Leonard Fournette in the next draft.2017 has some really good prospects... Just terrible over-reaction by the Viking FO.

To play Devils advocate, their team has a lot of young talent all over and like us, their face of the organization (AP) is nearing the end. If they tank this year and go through another rebuilding year with a rookie QB, do u think AP will still be around and effective?

Don't get me wrong, I would not have gave up more than a conditional third for Bradford. But he's a legitimate starter in the nfl and at least as good as Bridgewater right now when healthy. I think they know they have a playoff caliber team and wanted to do right by AP since he stuck around during their bad years....

Why is bradford that valuable is beyond me, he's sanchez tier talent wise

Sam is really smart. While he may have Sanchez talent, he has a Peyton Manning type mind for the game. Minnesota is prime for a deep playoff run. They didn't want to punt this season, especially in a brand new stadium. Sam is one of few who could come in a week before the season opener and intellectually start putting it all together. I agree that the Eagles got crazy good value, but the Vikings may have found a guy who can save their championship aspirations by becoming an effective game manager. With AP and that suddenly strong Viking defense, Sam doesn't need to carry the team. Denver proved that you can win a Super Bowl without an all world QB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Denver proved that you can win a Super Bowl without an all world QB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right, but if Denver can do it with the ghost of Peyton Manning, I feel like Minny can do it with Hill just as well as with Bradford. They have similar career stats, and Hill doesn't burn off 2 draft picks.

Edit: Ultimately, a team we generally aren't fond of overpaid for a player. That's not a bad thing, right? :hihi:

Right, but if Denver can do it with the ghost of Peyton Manning, I feel like Minny can do it with Hill just as well as with Bradford. They have similar career stats, and Hill doesn't burn off 2 draft picks.

Edit: Ultimately, a team we generally aren't fond of overpaid for a player. That's not a bad thing, right? :hihi:

I understand that Bradford is no physical prize, but I do believe he is a much better option than Hill. At the very least, Hill becomes plan B should Sam struggle.

I do indeed love my Saints, more than anything (in terms of sports), but I'm also an NFL fan....and I like looking at things in an unbiased manner. I know how fans think, but am intrigued by what owners, GM's and coaches think. With a new stadium opening, Minny can't afford to have a disastrous season. Also, if they believe they are serious contenders now, you take your best shot. If their D really is as good as advertised, and if AP can perform like he has in the past, a Trent Dilfer-ish season out of Sam could result in a deep playoff run....and a happy owner with full stadiums for the forseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I owned a team and anyone in the front office or coaching staff even semi seriously mentions that idea they would be fired on the spot for cause.
So, wasting a first round pick and take Bradford's ugly contract up shouldn't get you fired either?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom