N/S Sam Bradford traded to The Vikings (1 Viewer)

This is crazy. In my view Bradford is worth, at most, a 4th round pick, not a 1st AND a 4th.

Well, the Eagles now have a First Round pick in the 2017 Draft, which is in Philadelphia. It will be interesting to see if that pick from Minnesota is prior to or after the pick they would have had if they had not traded it away.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per source, the 2018 fourth-round pick that the Eagles get can become a 3 or even a 2. Triggers based on Vikings team success with Bradford.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/772092529403506688">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Before we speak of how much the Vikings were ripped off, consider the following:

* Adrian Peterson is poised to have a great year; teams will have to respect that and keep linebackers in the box.

* Bradford will have a great offensive line to protect him. When you give ANY QB time to throw, their numbers improve dramatically ...so says Captain Obvious.

The Vikings may have given up a little more than most would have, but they by NO MEANS were ripped off.

Note: On a side note, this opens a big door for Chase Daniel to shine in Philly.
Chase Daniel looking ahead, staying upbeat after shaky preseason | CSN Philly

:gosaints:

It's like an emotional overreaction by the Vikes. Odd, costly move

Not sure if I can post this rant because of forum rules, but EDP445 is saying the Eagles will be 1 and 15 now. :spit:

Yeah. I actually see Bradford being good with the Vikes. From his past, the price was too high, but I think they'll be ok.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per source, the 2018 fourth-round pick that the Eagles get can become a 3 or even a 2. Triggers based on Vikings team success with Bradford.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/772092529403506688">September 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

this trade just keeps getting stranger the more you

Minn was desperate for a legit starter and teams knew it. They werent looking for a McCown or Glennon, so teams with QBs with starter experience knew they could hold out.

I wonder if they even contacted SF, and if so, what they wanted that prevented a cheaper deal for Kaep.

I also have to wonder if this signals that Minn is worried about Teddy's availability *next* year as well. What a horrible situation for him.

I believe tbis will go down as one of the weirdest NFL transactions in history. Even weirder than the all in for our own Ricky Williams. We'll still be analyzing this through the 2018 draft. Unbelievable!

Stupid trade. Why didnt they give that to SF for Kapernick? Bradford hasnt played a full season in his career.

Bridgewater and Kaepernick are like night and day. Bradford replaces Bridgewater better than Kaepernick, the offense is designed around guys like them that stays in the pocket, never runs, holds on to the ball and puts it on a WR or throw it away. Bridgewater didn't have one game, ever I don't think, where he hit 100 yards rushing...in fact...he probably don't have 100 yards in a season. I know he didn't in college.

They don't have plays to benefit Kap over there, he needs a little more opening on the WRs to be successful, which he gets by being a run threat. They tried to put him in a system like that in SF, and he didn't handle it too well.

Vikings were desperate so the Eagles took advaantage of the situation. It's an ill conceived trade that I would of never initiated. I'd rather risk the season with Shaun Hill then trade what they did to Philly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom