N/S Sammy Knight signs a 3 year deal with the defending Super Bowl champs (1 Viewer)

StAndrew26

Deuce & Drew Forever
Reaction score
He was always one of my favorite players, too. I'll always remember taking one to the house against Detroit in the first game of the 2000 season. But didn't we release him for being to slow 5-6 years ago? How old is is he now?

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
He was always one of my favorite players, too. I'll always remember taking one to the house against Detroit in the first game of the 2000 season. But didn't we release him for being to slow 5-6 years ago? How old is is he now?

As I remember, Haslett wanted to get faster at that position. Someone should write a book of all time great personnel decisions made by this team.

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
KNight turns 33 in september... probably his last contract.

Furryankee

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I kind of thought he was too slow back then too. But 93 tackles last year is a fact. I guess he can still hit and tackle.

SaintsVA

Reaction score
Wasn't that the potential vs skills years?

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Wasn't that the potential vs skills years?

His stats were always pretty strong. He had 75 or more tackles every year with the Saints and multiple INTs every year but one.

uproar90

Carpathian Warlock
Reaction score
Being fast can only get you so far in the game... Being football smart can be as important, and in some cases, even more important.

Sammy K. is football smart...

PayOrPlay

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This one is a little bittersweet for me--Sammy was one of my favorite Saints, I was very much unpersuaded that they were doing the right thing when they let him go, and unlikely as it was I was harboring a slim hope that somehow he'd end up back in NO to finish out his career. Anyway, glad to see him hanging in there.

Reaction score
Didnt he have 3 interceptions one year against the Bills? I think it was the season opener...

Reaction score
I always have liked Sammy. They should have never gotten rid of him in the first place. Another brilliant decision by the Saints coaching staff. They seem to make a lot of those.

SammyIsGod

Can he play safety? Yup!
Reaction score
He will play forever. My favorite all Time Saint and player. A deity for sure :)

HOF_Smeenge

NFL Juggernaut
Reaction score
I loved watching Sammy when he was with the Saints. May not have been the fastest on the field, but he always seemed to be around the ball, and man could he hit. Knight, Jimmy Spencer, and Benny Thompson all loved to hit people...

I was hoping that the Saints would sign Knight again, even for depth, why couldn't he compete for a starting job against Bullocks?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom