N/S Sammy Knight signs a 3 year deal with the defending Super Bowl champs (1 Viewer)

He was always one of my favorite players, too. I'll always remember taking one to the house against Detroit in the first game of the 2000 season. But didn't we release him for being to slow 5-6 years ago? How old is is he now?

He was always one of my favorite players, too. I'll always remember taking one to the house against Detroit in the first game of the 2000 season. But didn't we release him for being to slow 5-6 years ago? How old is is he now?

As I remember, Haslett wanted to get faster at that position. Someone should write a book of all time great personnel decisions made by this team.

KNight turns 33 in september... probably his last contract.

I kind of thought he was too slow back then too. But 93 tackles last year is a fact. I guess he can still hit and tackle.

Being fast can only get you so far in the game... Being football smart can be as important, and in some cases, even more important.

Sammy K. is football smart...

This one is a little bittersweet for me--Sammy was one of my favorite Saints, I was very much unpersuaded that they were doing the right thing when they let him go, and unlikely as it was I was harboring a slim hope that somehow he'd end up back in NO to finish out his career. Anyway, glad to see him hanging in there.

Didnt he have 3 interceptions one year against the Bills? I think it was the season opener...

I always have liked Sammy. They should have never gotten rid of him in the first place. Another brilliant decision by the Saints coaching staff. They seem to make a lot of those.

He will play forever. My favorite all Time Saint and player. A deity for sure :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom