N/S Sean Weatherspoon ruptured his achillies (1 Viewer)

That's likely going to hurt for them. He was effective against us. Best wishes for a speedy and healthy recovery for him though. I had wanted the Saints to draft him back then, but oh well!

That's likely going to hurt for them. He was effective against us. Best wishes for a speedy and healthy recovery for him though. I had wanted the Saints to draft him back then, but oh well!

Spoon shows what a good Coverage LB can do for a Defense. We need one and to the people saying Robertson is our best coverage LB they are wrong. Ellerbe truly is....Robertson has very good range though.

Spoon shows what a good Coverage LB can do for a Defense. We need one and to the people saying Robertson is our best coverage LB they are wrong. Ellerbe truly is....Robertson has very good range though.

Who is this Ellerbe LB that you speak of?

except when asked to drop back into safety position in the base Cover 2.

:covri:

except when asked to drop back into safety position in the base Cover 2.

:covri:

If he was sucked in on a PA fake thats going to be hard. He's not a 4.50 runner like Vilma was coming out so he wont be able to do things like that and make up ground.

I like to think of him as Vilma light as far as what he can give us at the MLB position from a coverage stand point. He's not great in Man...much better in zone but again his limitations will show up in those situations..yet he also had a tipped ball in the game If i remember as well so his skillset also shines through in most occasions.

He's around the ball..that much i know.

People here would like us to nab Jamie Collins but I don't see that happening. I'd much rather sign a vet CB (kid from Bills) and swap Vaccaro for TJ McDonald. Draft a good coverage LB and add continue adding bodies to the passrush while blitzing more. We can blitz if the coverage on the backend is good.

Breaux (Stephen Gilmore or Trumaine Johnson)PJ Williams and then Sterling Moore would give us 4 CB's capable of playing outside but two very good outside starters and two very good NB's. Thats redundancy. Once we solidify coverage the scheme via the blitz can force pressure but I think DA's defense is very dependent on good coverage over a great passrush. I'd spend more money on the secondary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom