N/S Shanahan no to Redskins offer (1 Viewer)

Not shocking. Shanahan is a guy that likes control. Why on Earth would he walk into a situation with an incompetent owner that likes to micromanage and stare over the coach's shoulder every second of every day? Washington is a terrible situation. No self respecting coach is going to want to go into that mess.

I think thats the 3rd time he has turned down the offer -- and its mostly because of the control of the team and the Boy Owners famous meddling

I'm not suprised Shanahan turned down the job. I'm more surprised that the job was offered during the middle of the season and they still have a head coach in place.

Shannahan knows he'll be getting better offers. He could probably land with Dallas or Carolina.

I'm more surprised that the job was offered during the middle of the season and they still have a head coach in place.

Why would that be surprising? Dan Synder has this insane idea that he's some kind of football genius and buying the most expensive players he can should automatically guarantee Superbowl wins. No matter how intelligent he is, he simply does not have what it takes to run a football team. He also doesn't seem to understand that he could hire someone who does know how to run a football team.

Honestly, I belive that you could give his resources to a handful of posters here and they could get a better team on the field. That's not saying that I think that handful of posters have the background or knowledge to run a team, just that Dan Synder simply doesn't.

Why would that be surprising? Dan Synder has this insane idea that he's some kind of football genius and buying the most expensive players he can should automatically guarantee Superbowl wins. No matter how intelligent he is, he simply does not have what it takes to run a football team. He also doesn't seem to understand that he could hire someone who does know how to run a football team.

Honestly, I belive that you could give his resources to a handful of posters here and they could get a better team on the field. That's not saying that I think that handful of posters have the background or knowledge to run a team, just that Dan Synder simply doesn't.
There are different kinds of intelligence.

Business savvy, knowing when to sell your inflated stock into the height of a bubble, does not mean you know how to run a football organization.

Shannahan will reliquish some control in his next position as the head coach in dallas next season.

and probably regret it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom