N/S SJB is back on the market (1 Viewer)

With his injury, we'll never really get to know if he had the talent to excell but just needed to be coached up and used properly to highlight his skillset.

FWIW, his pre-injury play in Seattle's training camp wasn't drawing any special mentions by the Seattle beat writers and local radio/tv analysts.

I still cannot figure out why he was selected. Was it based purely on size, and that he played on a good D in Nebraska? (I don't even know if they were a good D, just a shot in the dark). I think I remember we became obsessed with trying to replicate the Seahawks' D for a couple years, maybe they thought they could turn him into Sherman? Guess we'll never know. I'm pretty sure Cooks is the ONLY person from the 2014 draft left on the team, which is embarrassing.

At least we seem to have righted the ship with Ireland and co.

I still cannot figure out why he was selected. Was it based purely on size, and that he played on a good D in Nebraska? (I don't even know if they were a good D, just a shot in the dark). I think I remember we became obsessed with trying to replicate the Seahawks' D for a couple years, maybe they thought they could turn him into Sherman? Guess we'll never know. I'm pretty sure Cooks is the ONLY person from the 2014 draft left on the team, which is embarrassing.

At least we seem to have righted the ship with Ireland and co.

You answered your own question.

I think I remember we became obsessed with trying to replicate the Seahawks' D for a couple years, maybe they thought they could turn him into Sherman?

And to double down, we brought in Browner the following season.

When this thread appeared at the top of the page after the Keenan Lewis news, I thought it was going to be a troll. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom