N/S SJB is back on the market (1 Viewer)

I keep saying it - that pick led to the total revamp of the Saints scouting department and the hiring of Jeff Ireland. So some good came out of it.

I do think that the awful selection of SJB was the 'straw that broke the camels back' in terms of our dismal recent scouting record. Thus far it sure seems that Jeff Ireland had greatly improved our draft group, but unfortunately we will need maybe another year or two to get the quality top to bottom that the NFL elite have year to year.

Man that was a bad draft pick....I wonder who was responsible for it ? It just kills me of all the talent that was available when he was drafted. I wonder who scouted him and really pushed him up the ranks to CSP and Loomis ? I can bet you they aren't here anymore. Thank god for our new scouting staff is all I gotta say. Man that was a head scratcher of a pick.

There was something said in an interview I think, that the player Payton wanted with that pick was already taken so he told Rob Ryan the pick was his to take whoever he wanted.

If SJB isn't the worst 2nd round pick in the history of the franchise, he's certainly in the conversation.

Sam Holden G 1971
Lee Gross C 1975
Reggie Mathis LB 1979
Wesley Carroll WR 1992
Reggie Freeman LB/DE 1993
Ray Zellars RB 1995
Je'Rod Cherry DB 1996
Rob Kelley S 1997
Charles Brown OT 2010

If SJB isn't the worst 2nd round pick in the history of the franchise, he's certainly in the conversation.

Sam Holden G 1971
Lee Gross C 1975
Reggie Mathis LB 1979
Wesley Carroll WR 1992
Ray Zellars RB 1995
Je'Rod Cherry DB 1996
Rob Kelley S 1997
Charles Brown OT 2010

Hey.. I liked Rob Kelley.

Sam Holden G 1971
Lee Gross C 1975
Reggie Mathis LB 1979
Wesley Carroll WR 1992
Ray Zellars RB 1995
Je'Rod Cherry DB 1996
Rob Kelley S 1997
Charles Brown OT 2010

That's an ugly list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Holden G 1971
Lee Gross C 1975
Reggie Mathis LB 1979
Wesley Carroll WR 1992
Ray Zellars RB 1995
Je'Rod Cherry DB 1996
Rob Kelley S 1997
Charles Brown OT 2010

Ray Zellers and Mario Bates: Thunder and Lightning, or more like Fart and Wet Fart.

Sam Holden G 1971
Lee Gross C 1975
Reggie Mathis LB 1979
Wesley Carroll WR 1992
Ray Zellars RB 1995
Je'Rod Cherry DB 1996
Rob Kelley S 1997
Charles Brown OT 2010

Wow. 1992-1993....1995-1996-1997

5 out of 6 years years.....that's rough.

There was something said in an interview I think, that the player Payton wanted with that pick was already taken so he told Rob Ryan the pick was his to take whoever he wanted.

I think that was the interview where Payton wanted Jeremy Hill.

bartolo-colon-swing-and-miss-against-pirates-b.gif

Probably the worst one of the Payton/Loomis era...

I agree. The worst part about that pick tho is that 99% of the people here knew that was a ridiculous reach for our 2nd round pick especially when you look at all of the other talented players at positions of need were available when we picked him.

It was such a frustrating topic to discuss here too bc the few people who didn't think he was a bad pick are the same people that claim the FO always makes a good decisions and we simple non-NFL employed people couldn't have any idea if he would be good or bad.

I agree. The worst part about that pick tho is that 99% of the people here knew that was a ridiculous reach for our 2nd round pick especially when you look at all of the other talented players at positions of need were available when we picked him.

It was such a frustrating topic to discuss here too bc the few people who didn't think he was a bad pick are the same people that claim the FO always makes a good decisions and we simple non-NFL employed people couldn't have any idea if he would be good or bad.

There is some amazing reading in this thread. http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/stanley-jean-baptiste-cb-324204/
People were so excited to see we got a big CB like Sherman that we forgot to check and see if he could actually play CB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom