N/S So why was Garoppolo traded to San Fran for a 2nd? (1 Viewer)

From what I understand,BB felt like JG was the heir apparent to Brady and because of that Brady wanted JG out of NE and went to Mr. Kraft about it. Kraft chose TB over Coach Belichick.

Belichick was told to move JG by Kraft. And in an instance of petulance, BB picked up the phone and told SF that they'd take a 2nd for JG. It accomplished 3 things, it moved JG like Kraft said, but it also screwed NE because he should have gone for a 1st, and it got JG, the heir apparent, out of the AFC.

There was no negotiating or bargaining, just taking the deal because it was a STEAL for San Fran.

From what I understand,BB felt like JG was the heir apparent to Brady and because of that Brady wanted JG out of NE and went to Mr. Kraft about it. Kraft chose TB over Coach Belichick wanting JG. Belichick was told to move JG by Kraft. And in an instance of petulance, BB picked up the phone and told SF that they'd take a 2nd for JG. It accomplished 3 things, it moved JG like Kraft said, but it also screwed NE because he should have gone for a 1st, and it got JG, the heir apparent, out of the AFC.
That’s exactly how I have interpreted the whole thing.

But why San Fran? Assuming BB did do this?

I figure Kraft would know of teams offering 1st rd picks.

Browns offered the 1st round pick they got from the Texans. Texans were 3-4 at the time, Pats turned them down. Deshaun Watson got hurt and that pick ended up being #4 overall. Doh!

JG’s body of work wasn’t that impressive and there is a history of past Patriots players not doing well at their next stop.

If I recall, they were in a position where they could not afford to carry his franchise tag nor was he worth that much in terms of trade compensation.

They wanted to hold onto Brady instead of moving on from him a year or two too soon, and they ended up winning a Super Bowl because of it, so it’s hard to say they made the wrong decision. Plus JG isn’t exactly setting the world on fire anyway.

They wanted to hold onto Brady instead of moving on from him a year or two too soon, and they ended up winning a Super Bowl because of it, so it’s hard to say they made the wrong decision. Plus JG isn’t exactly setting the world on fire anyway.

The Patriots have been in four out of the five super bowls played up to this point...
. Winning 3 of them.....one being after Jimmy was traded.

Was it the wrong move? I guess that depends on whether or not someone just blindly assumes that Jimmy would have kept the championship train rolling.

If there's one thing we should know with Drew Brees and some of these talented Saints teams we've had that have fallen short, it's that winning titles is simply not easy. It is entirely possible that in an alternate universe, the Patriots would have missed out on that 2018 championship and never sniffed another title with Garoppolo.

He did. Go head to head with our very very porous defense. I may be wrong on him but I don’t think so. We shall see. ?
Get ready to hear it a lot these next couple of weeks in response to San Fran only threw it 8 times in the division championship.

Get ready to hear it a lot these next couple of weeks in response to San Fran only threw it 8 times in the division championship.
Oh I won’t be watching. Loathe that team. And if we had only thrown it 8 times against Minny we’d have won. LM was on fire. As he was most of the year. Kudos to the team I hate for knowing the correct gameplan to use.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom