N/S So why was Garoppolo traded to San Fran for a 2nd? (2 Viewers)

Garopplo averaged 252 yards passing a game and threw for 349 yards in the Super Dome against the Saints. It was also the 49ers second highest game of the season with 49 points. Don't know if we could have matched up well with them at their home this weekend regardless of how may times he threw the ball. IMO, our defense made him look All Pro.

To the OP., They gave up a second round pick for him because their starting QB was horrible

He went for a second round to get him out of the AFC.

Teams offering picks were in conference.

Could you imagine the crap if traded in conference and he lights it up.

I understand why Bill wanted him in the NFC.

Just like good players that don't go to the saints I hope at least get taken out of division taken in the AFC is great.

Yeah that was Tom why he was sent packing. Little Tommy was threatened.

But why San Fran? Assuming BB did do this?

I figure Kraft would know of teams offering 1st rd picks.
Because they came calling, weren't in the AFC and Bill figured Kyle would be good for Jimmy G.

Plus when it's a player you don't really want to see walk you make sure you have to deal with him as an opponent as few times as possible

The Patriots have been in four out of the five super bowls played up to this point...
. Winning 3 of them.....one being after Jimmy was traded.

Was it the wrong move? I guess that depends on whether or not someone just blindly assumes that Jimmy would have kept the championship train rolling.

If there's one thing we should know with Drew Brees and some of these talented Saints teams we've had that have fallen short, it's that winning titles is simply not easy. It is entirely possible that in an alternate universe, the Patriots would have missed out on that 2018 championship and never sniffed another title with Garoppolo.
Also it shows how valuable Belichick and great defense and defensive strategy and tactics are.

JG was also refusing every contract from the Patriots. They tried to give him like $20/yr to be a backup that escalated higher if he became the started.

He was noping out of the Pats, wanted to start somewhere, and wasn’t worth franchising to keep around.

Idk I think Jimmy is a mediocre game manager from what I’ve seen so far. So I don’t think a 2nd was a ‘steal’.
..and really San Fran's offense didn't really take off until they got Emmanuel Sanders. His presence has opened up things for them.

Many of us wanted him (me included) he would have been GREAT next to Thomas. I seriously think we're still playing if we had Sanders.

from what I've heard Bill has a great relationship with Mike Shanahan and wanted to do his son (Kyle) a solid. Since bill also liked Jimmy G a lot he wanted to put him in a situation where he could succeed.

As for the Cleveland situation and not taking better offers from them there is a good reason for that. According to reports I've heard Belichek still harbors resentment towards the Browns

I remember reading this article a couple of years ago. It has a complete breakdown of how the trade went down. Long read but if you're really curious about it, here you go.

..and really San Fran's offense didn't really take off until they got Emmanuel Sanders. His presence has opened up things for them.

Many of us wanted him (me included) he would have been GREAT next to Thomas. I seriously think we're still playing if we had Sanders.

Probably right. I think we’d still be playing if Payton ran LM.

So much salt in these forums. Jimmy is what, the 9th highest paid qb, and he is rated over most of the QBs being paid more than him. He’s 20-5 as a starter for the niners (the niners are 4-500 without him under shanny, or something like that)

you don’t think he was worth a 2nd? Say that again when drew retires and you guys stop watching football completely after you can’t find a qb

his stats are top 20% in the league, and he has more game winning drives than taysom hill, whos going to go to another team next year and never take another snap.

hes worth a 1st, and he’s easily worth his contract. If you don’t agree, you can watch him play in the Super Bowl in a couple weeks and figure it out for yourself.

whats a super bowl qb worth? More than drew, probably

There record is terrible without him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom