N/S Sort Of - NHL Referee Scandal (1 Viewer)

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

Just natural that some refs are biased. And of course some refs were not happy when Coach called them out and the league allowed the coaches to challenge their calls. The numbers over the last few years support it and hopefully Sean releases another book when he retires!

I wonder who he was saying this to since he felt comfortable enough to admit it to someone else who knew what was going on.

I bet when their fans complained about previous calls against them, other fans chastised them and said there was no conspiracy, if you believe that - why watch, yada, yada, yada.

Between personal bias and big money gambling, it's hard to trust any game officials at this point. Not saying they're all crooked, but they're all human, and humans do dumb, immoral and, sometimes, illegal stuff.

I grew up playing hockey and coaching hockey. At certain levels it happens and is true.

OP was about the NHL. There are questionable calls, ticky-tacky calls, bad calls, but I can't say I've seen what I'd call a make up call.

I have seen horrible officiating in minor league (matter of fact, every game I watch in the PFHL, and all calls go against my Thunderbirds :hihi:) but I can't say I've seen a make up call.

... maybe just a matter of perspective.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom