N/S (Sorta): Keenan Lewis had another hip surgery (1 Viewer)

In my mind this demonstrates that Payton/Loomis are using the right analytic frame work to make their moves. They moved on from KL immediately when they thought he couldn't go this year- regardless of his past, contract, etc. Same approach with Spiller in that when he was found to be redundant, they tried to trade him (and his contract). Unfortunately for the team, critical injuries forced their hand and he was cut in a numbers game. Their reasoning was sound however- Spiller signs elsewhere and his salary/cap is offset, or Spiller sits and we call back if we require his services. No doubt that questions could be raised about Spillers signing in the first place, but it is incumbent on the team to act in its best interest in the present, regardless of how they got there.

This said, the number of injuries the defense has endured to projected starters and important role players is remarkable, and I think it would get more attention if we had been a better defense last year. I won't argue that the team is as deep as it should be on that side of the ball but the loss of Rankins, Lewis, Ellerbe and Kikaha (and now Breaux) is significant, and would be for any team.

Man I remember after Keenan Lewis' first season here, he looked to be a steal of a Free Agent signing and poised to become one of the best corners in the league.

Oh how quickly things change...

I just hope he can resume his career once he's healthy again. Hopefully with us next season. But if not, lets hope he goes to another division in the AFC. Good luck KL.

That would quite a feat and I wish him the best. That is a demanding position for very healthy, young guys. At this stage, and after several surgeries, the odds may not be in favor of a comeback. The only thing he may have going for him is experience.

might have lost some speed, but the crutches will help break-up passes

As president of the BlackandGoldXLIV fanclub, I award, guidomerkinsrules, with the.....

logo_PostOfTheDay.gif

(I got a much needed laugh, to help the pain I feel that I never got to see a healthy D.Breaux and Westbank, play together this year. )

From his Instagram from yesterday and today, didn't see a thread. Said he had a 6 hour surgery

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Apparently Keenan Lewis had hip surgery yesterday, now doing rehab <a href="https://t.co/MKz3xzXjvM">pic.twitter.com/MKz3xzXjvM</a></p>&mdash; John Hendrix (@JohnJHendrix) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnJHendrix/status/776450296700547073">September 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

Heal Quickly; Thoroughly, and come back to the Saints!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom