N/S: Sources: ESPN Laying Off Hundreds (1 Viewer)

they all should go to fox or cbs sports and battle espn lol

flashback.com-flicker.jpg

ESPN is a complete enigma. What they do well, they do great:

1. 30 for 30...best stuff they have ever done
2. Outside the Lines, when done professionally.
3. Their baseball coverage is excellent. (Not as good as MLB Network though)
4. College sports coverage is excellent, if you can overlook Mark May, Lou Holtz, and Dick Vitale.
5. Too bad they are losing the Premiership, their work there was excellent.
6. Their coverage of Grand Slams in tennis is excellent.
7. NBA is very good, not as good as TNT
8. NASCAR is very good, not as good as Fox

What they do poorly, they really screw up royally

1. Debate shows...all of them are a joke and an embarassment. PTI is the best of them and it is garbage.
2. Ouside the Lines when done unprofessionally. In fact, there are several journalistic ethics practices that seem to be under par.
3. They get man crushes on teams and athletes and just go way overboard. Tebow is just the latest example.
4. Their NFL coverage is just god awful. Mike Tirico, McShay, and Adam Schefter and maybe Gruden are the only redeemable guys. Everyone else is a complete disgrace.

I'm sorry for the staff personally, but I hope this creates some red-*** and let the rats start eating each other... karma is a female dog, and the Bounty-gate karma I have a feeling, is about to be fed. :)

Keep writing lies about the saints and the whole company will continue to FAIL

If it's tech personnel, it's stuff they may be able to automate, outsource to India or replace with visa workers for a fraction of the cost.

Giant sucking sound.

maybe at some point these ***** will realize that improving the product is the better way to go.....hard for monopolies to realize this without competitive market pressures

They need to cut the Longhorn Network. That enterprise is probably sucking ten's of millions of dollars a year out of their coffers.

not that i really care one way or the other about espn anyway, but whenever i read that a profitable company is laying off employees just to meet a profit margin, that makes my blood boil.

there is no excuse not to look for other ways to save money etc. why not start with a hiring freeze/buyouts and go from there?

Don't forget about John Barr.

Anyone else I would feel sympathy towards for being unexpectedly laid off, but not John Barr.

He's not an ESPN employee, he's a freelancer.

Is the name "Skip Bayless" in there anywhere?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom