N/S Sources: Falcons want to interview USC's Carroll for head coaching vacancy (1 Viewer)

Buickman

Super Forum Fanatic
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Multiple sources told ESPN.com late Tuesday night that the Falcons are pursuing Pete Carroll for an interview. If Carroll agrees, and the logistics can be arranged, the Southern California coach could huddle with Atlanta owner Arthur Blank by the weekend. Carroll, who has previously been a head coach in the NFL with the New York Jets and New England Patriots, would certainly become the biggest name on the list of Atlanta candidates.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3187424

He may want to stay at USC. He hasn't had much success in the NFL.

Carroll uses these organinzations every year... he makes them wine and dine him, and show him a good time when he knows damm well he won't take their job.

Carroll uses these organinzations every year... he makes them wine and dine him, and show him a good time when he knows damm well he won't take their job.

True. But it would be great for us if he coached the falcons. In the NFL, I remember Carroll to be a terrible coach but an excellent cheerleader.

They say this every year about the man and he never leaves. Pete may leave USC one day,but it will not be to Atlanta.I can tell you that much.

It would definitely be a step down from SC to Atlanta. I don't see it happening.

He would be a fool to take that job. On the other hand, I think he's progressed enough to take a crack at the NFL again even though it appears that he is a better fit for college. Why would you leave a school that gets the cream of the crop recruits year in and year out for a bunch of overpaid pampered athletes?

Wow. How many times does one have to get hit in the head before they move on. No more college coaches in ATLANTA! I hate them but Im feeling their pain right now. The Petrino betrayal wasnt bad enough??

I know hes had a little NFL Success. But the Falcons players have proved that they don't respect the NCAA coaches.

True. But it would be great for us if he coached the falcons. In the NFL, I remember Carroll to be a terrible coach but an excellent cheerleader.

Actually he wasn't terrible. His combined record was 33-31. Made the playoffs once. Wasn't great but not terrible. He's probably learned alot since then. USC runs a NFL offense (because of him), so it's not like he would be lost. He's also had a lot of success as coordinators in the NFL too.

He's the one college coach I don't wont see come back.

Last edited:
Has a major college coach translated into success in the NFL in the last 10 years? All I remember is failure after failure, yet GM's never learn.

Every year about this time that Carroll is being seeked for a head coaching job. I don't think we are going to see college guys go up the ranks anytime soon.

That would be great!!!! maybe he could get Reggie to call up players to come to his team....that's legal in the pro's......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom