N/S Spagnoulo says no thanks to Washington and will stay with the Giants (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8068dfba&template=without-video&confirm=true

Wow, it seems that it took a long process for Snyder to chose and at the end he may not get the coach he wanted from the beginning. Seems it will be either Fassel or Meeks.

One thing to consider, the coach that take the job will have to live with the worst salary-cap situation and an owner that beleive his team is his own real-life fantasy football team.

Good for Spagnuolo. He probably will be the next Giants head coach.

Add to that that whoever takes the job don't get to bring in his own DC/OC but will have to settle for those already hired by Snyder.

Excellent decision on his part. IF the Giants D has another solid year, he'll have his pick of jobs.

You both make excellent points regarding Snyder and the salary cap situation. Otherwise, I think that Washington is a pretty attractive HC job - good defense, good running game, a QB in Campbell who I believe is getting better... add another solid receiver or two, and they've definitely got some pieces over there.

I wouldn't of left yet either its like his first or second year as a coordinator and though a NFL head coaching job is every asst dream, there is a lot that goes into it...ask Jason Garrett....the Giants have the potential to be even better next year (record wise) they had some injuries to key players, this is just the beginning for that guy and the Giants.

With the OC and DC already picked, Snyder as the owner and a bad salary cap problem, he just showed that he is smarter than he is desperate. Good place to be for a rising coach. :)

The team couldn't win consistently for Joe Gibbs. You'd have to be an idiot or desperate to follow that. How'd that last guy do that followed Gibbs?

I heard on the radio that Spagnuolo got a $2 million dollar per year contract to stay with the Giants too.

Big contrast to the Bears organization. Last year Ron Rivera was not re-signed after the Super Bowl and this year the Giants pay their guy $2 million to stay. Nice.

Excellent decision on his part. IF the Giants D has another solid year, he'll have his pick of jobs.

Yep, it won't really matter if the Giants make it back to the Superbowl as long as Spagnoulo's Defense has a good year he'll get his choice of multiple jobs. And a job with a team that doesn't have a meddling owner, disaster of a cap situation, and he won't have to follow in a coaching legend's footsteps. It's been an interesting offseason first Garrett turns down the Ravens and now Spagnoulo's turned down the 'Skins.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom