N/S...Sparano named Dolphins head coach. (1 Viewer)

Peet

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
according to ESPN. The tuna making his moves and Dallas coaching staff being dismantled.:ezbill:

Last edited:

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Dallas is getting raped of coaching talent. I wondered how long Garrett would wait in the wings to be the coach of the future, and now it looks like he'll be in Baltimore or Atlanta.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
I think as good of a team as Dallas has, alot of the coaches are willing to bail (despite Jerry Jones saying he'll match offers) because of JJ's hands on approach to the team. I bet that can drive a coach up the wall.

OP
OP
Peet

Peet

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think as good of a team as Dallas has, alot of the coaches are willing to bail (despite Jerry Jones saying he'll match offers) because of JJ's hands on approach to the team. I bet that can drive a coach up the wall.

That and quite a bit was said of the party atmosphere at their training camp. If these are Parcell type coaches you can bet they didn't care for that approach much.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

That's why Wade is the perfect coach for Dallas. He won't demand any kind of control, he's happy enough to have a HC job to not rock the boat. There's already talk of some assistants following Sparano to Miami, and just wait till Garrett signs on somewhere.

blackngold4877

Very Banned
Reaction score
I know if I were Sparano, and I was on the fence about leaving or not, and then Jerry Jones comes down on the field during that game, it makes my decision to leave a whole hell of a lot easier.

Honestly, Parcells running the Phins scares the bejesus out of me.

Nevimeister

I was there!
Reaction score
Who is Tony Sparano?

Cowboys fans are still trying to figure out when assistant head coach Tony Sparano became such a hot commodity. He worked his way up from tight ends coach to offensive play-caller in four years, but remained in Bill Parcells' witness protection program, which prevented coaches from making eye contact with reporters and neighborhood children.

New Orleans, San Diego and Cleveland all tried to make Sparano their offensive coordinator at some point, but Cowboys owner Jerry Jones exercised his veto power each time. Sparano was devastated when he wasn't allowed to follow Sean Payton to the Saints in 2006

http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmarks

Wonder what impact he would have made as a Saints coach

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom