N/S Sports books brace for Rodgers retirement (1 Viewer)

soggymoss

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Via Bill Huber of SI.com, multiple sports books believe Rodgers will announce his retirement before Wednesday’s initial practice of training camp. Per Huber, Westgate Superbook has “closed all its NFC North markets, including projected wins, playoff odds, divisional odds and weekly lines for the four division teams.”

Brett Farve 2.0?? I mean how does that even going to work? He's going to retire for this season and come back the next season on a different team?

Brett Farve 2.0?? I mean how does that even going to work? He's going to retire for this season and come back the next season on a different team?
He would have to retire, then hope Green Bay decides to eventually trade his rights. If he goes the retirement route though, he pretty much forces their hand, it's trade him for assets or lose for nothing

I really don't care, he just wants out. He looks foolish with Giannis being the best player in the NBA and just brought the state its first title in 50 years.

I 100% believe it. Rodgers seems like the guy who would lose $20 million to prove a point.

At this point he's made so much money and from what I can tell, has been responsible with it, so I don't think he cares. Supposedly his career earnings are $240m, so another $20m is just a drop in the bucket. Really crazy when you think about it.

just brought the state its first title in 50 years.
Um, the packers have won a couple of titles in that time frame.

this isn’t about small market. This is about GB not taking into consideration what is needed for a title when you have a QB and a team on the cusp. They drafted for the future when the time was now.

He would have to retire, then hope Green Bay decides to eventually trade his rights. If he goes the retirement route though, he pretty much forces their hand, it's trade him for assets or lose for nothing
I see, but I pretty sure that the Packers are not going to let him go that easily. Just ask the Detroit Lions about Calvin Johnson and Sanders. Especially the Packers done to Bret Favre.

this isn’t about small market. This is about GB not taking into consideration what is needed for a title when you have a QB and a team on the cusp. They drafted for the future when the time was now.

You think Payton wouldn't have drafted Mahomes even with Brees? If you have an older QB and you think the next franchise QB is on the board, you take him. Franchise QBs are not easy to find.

Yes, I was simply noting the personality difference. The team made a decision to look to the future after their QB had a couple of down years; a strategy that worked with Farve. At this point, it has been more than ten years since they won and Rogers has failed to get them past the conference final multiple times. Rogers is in his feelings and I don't blame the team for making plans after him.

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
I really don't care, he just wants out. He looks foolish with Giannis being the best player in the NBA and just brought the state its first title in 50 years.
If he doesn't play in Week 1 against us then that it's possibly a good scenario for us especially what we are going through, right now.

But I'm with you, I really don't care about this nonsense drama that they have going on. I can understand from Rogers's point of view about not being considerate about his needs for the team. But at the same time, he just won the MVP last season with the wide receivers that he had but he barely did any recruitments in free agency over the years. In all honesty, both sides are idiots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom