N/S: Stallworth signs with Browns (**Merged**) (1 Viewer)

Man this dude is slowly but surely reaching "journey man" status.

I still wonder what could have been with Drew Brees throwing to this guy.

you dont remember his traffic stop situation?? .... his attitude??... he is a punk thug...check out any of his interviews..

Wow, I'm glad you were at that traffic stop to know what really went on.

Your characterization of Stallworth is so far from the truth it's almost not even worth disputing, as it has been pointed out 100 times on this board just how classy an individual Stallworth has been.

Was just at the NFL Experience here in Miami, and caught Donte during a Q & A session. I asked him what was going through his head when he scored on us in the divisional playoff game because he looked a little somber and didn't celebrate. He basically said that he didn't want to disrespect the fans and it felt a little weird anyway. He tossed the ball to his cousin, and just walked off. He still loves N.O., has a house there still, and misses Drago's. He's the same ol Donte, asking where I was from and really seeming like he's still got a lotta love for Saints fans.
http://saintsreport.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=959850

"I'm with the Saints," replied Stallworth. "And those are my people in there."
Stallworth hugged them, shook their hands, signed autographs and, mostly, just listened to their knee-buckling stories -- each one worse than the next.
Outside, with the orange sun baking a spot on the horizon, Stallworth slowly made his way back to his car. You could tell he didn't want to leave.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/050907&num=2

"That place is going to be full of energy," he said. "I'm very excited for the city of New Orleans and the fans and even the guys that I was there with and that were me during the hurricane, during the Katrina situation."
http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/609258.html

Again, Stallworth has been nothing but pure class in not only the statements he has made but the effort he put into loving the city of New Orleans, even once he was gone. Just search this board and the SR archives and you will realize what an idiotic statement you made to consider Stallworth a punk.

And from the above B&G link.

It will be an emotional reunion for the Saints and their fans, and Stallworth wanted to be a part of it.

"That's the one thing I was really looking forward to this season," Stallworth said. "I still feel I'm a part of everything that went on with the Katrina incident and trying to help the rebuilding process.

"Even though I don't play there any more, it doesn't mean I'm not going to be doing my part. I'm still going to do things there in the offseason."

Stallworth still may attend the game. It's on a Monday night, and Tuesday is the players' day off in the NFL.

"I want to make it," Stallworth said. "It's going to be great for the fans and the players. I can imagine how they're feeling. It's going to be very emotional.

yea i dont get the whole stallworth is a punk thug thing either. but the again im not the brightest bulb out there

How much cash do the Browns have?? They had 2 #1 picks last year (1 was a top 5 and the other a 1st round QB), they resign their other QB for about 7 mil a year then get Williams and Rogers (aren't they a 3-4?) and now Stallworth. Umm when is Braylon Edwards contract up?

Marques Colston must get a huge smile every time he reads about what free agent WRs like Donte' are pulling down.....he just may become the leagues highest paid wideout when his new deal happens.

Donte lived in my neighborhood before we both moved away. I saw him at the grocery store many times among some other places. He was always extremely nice to anyone that would approach him. He would talk for awhile and joke with the fans and employees. Seeing him in that environment formed my favorable opinion of him.

I also him many times on a Friday or Saturday night at the Winn Dixie buying a bottle of NICE champagne with many different hot girls. I was very jealous in a good way!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom