N/S - Steve Smith to Delhomme "....never really liked you as a quarterback" (1 Viewer)

That video clip's been taken down. Did it have the whole segment on it?

Smith was joking around with EVERYBODY, because he was mic'd up. It was the mood of the segment; banter for Inside the NFL.

Seeing that clip actually made me like him more. And Delhomme was playing along for a lot of it.

My god, some of you people would think my friends and I absolutely hate each other!

He's clearly joking. If you think this is a real insult, then you've never had a friend say stuff like this just to mess with you because you're the sensitive guy in the group who can't take a joke.

That's the point, though. Among friends, you can playfully joke about something like them being fat or dumb or terrible QBs etc. You wouldn't make a fat joke to mess with your friend if he was, in reality, a skinny guy. You wouldn't mess with your homey about being a dummy if he was, in reality, a neurosurgeon or a famous professor. You wouldn't crack on your buddy about being a bad QB if, in reality, you thought he was some future HOFer. The cracking jokes at your friends expense thing is something that I believe is a way of levying a criticism that may indeed bother you about the person without being openly confrontational because "it's just a joke."

I'm pretty sure Steve smith loves this guy...

I'll wait for his book to come out before making that assumption. I think Steve Smith loves him some Steve Smith.

You know everyone is bashing Jake for his performance. I like him and he has been declining and he deserves some of the criticism, hes has been good game manager in the past, yes some of his throws are looking horrible, its kind of always been like that though. One of the things that has changed IS Steve Smith. I think he has lost a step, hes not getting open like he used to, and those passes that he would jump up on in double coverage and save Jake on all the time, hes not catching them like he used to, those are becoming what they should have been all along, interceptions.

So I think the duo is declining, its just alot more noticeable in Delhomme because he has less talent to decline from. Smith would still look great with a more accurate quarterback but I dont think he can consistently bail out his quarterback like he did in the past. I dont think the Panthers have that type of quarterback on the roster, so we should not have to worry about the kitties this season, at least their record and them being a contender for the NFC south, (unless they find a way to seriously change their scheme to hide the flaws, then they might be lucky to go .500). I am still worried about them overachieving those two games they play against us though.

So that is my opinion, everyone has claimed over and over that Jake Delhomme is nothing without Steve Smith and Smith made Jake etc, well Smith is still there and Jake Delhomme is nothing right now.

Last edited:
You wouldn't make a fat joke to mess with your friend if he was, in reality, a skinny guy. You wouldn't mess with your homey about being a dummy if he was, in reality, a neurosurgeon or a famous professor.

you couldn't be more wrong....in fact, if your buddy is a neurosurgeon that's all the more reason to call him a dummy

you couldn't be more wrong....in fact, if your buddy is a neurosurgeon that's all the more reason to call him a dummy

Only if he gave you a reason to, otherwise it just wouldn't make sense or be funny.

those of you who "don't like steve smith as a person", when did you meet him and how much time did you spend with him to come to such a conclusion???

Only if he gave you a reason to, otherwise it just wouldn't make sense or be funny.

i think in this case, Steve Smith found a reason to mess with Jake....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y0L4Res2ttQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y0L4Res2ttQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Despite being a fan of Delhomme's due to his heritage, I must admit that I'm hoping his downward spiral continues along with the Panthers'. Its the best for the 2009 Saints.

Exactly. I'm a lot more willing to call one of my friends in med school an idiot rather than someone with an obvious low IQ.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom