N/S Story Of Ex-Saint Kyle Turley Suffering From Head Trauma (merged) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
“I went into the shower, and as the story was told to me later, I was sitting at my locker, butt-naked, when our owner [Georgia Frontiere] came in to congratulate us,” Turley says. “I don’t remember doing this, but everybody said I stood up and hugged her, totally naked, right there in the middle of the room.”

1253288159.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface091809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Wow. Tragic.

Great article...but I must admit; after reading it, it brought my day down a bit. It's depressing...I always liked Turley. It saddens me that he is in such a ruined state and it's only going to get worse. I agree with that part in the article that the NFLPA needs to have union-hired doctors for the sidelines to protect the players' health a bit more.

There is a frightening article in the current GQ about doctors who have diagnosed a specific brain disease that is caused by football. The doctor who autopised Mike Webster (who died young with serious mental problems) examined his brain and those of a number of other players who killed themselves or drugged/drank themselves to death young and found things that they had never seen before in a human brain. It's a worthwhile read, though very troubling for anyone who plays/loves football.

I'm sorry he's got lasting effects but, I hope he doesn't go the class-action suit against the NFL route. It's that kind of bs that ruins the game. You don't want concussions or risk of serious injury, don't be an NFL player, go do something else.

Article said:
Late last month Turley, with no apparent cause or warning, collapsed while listening to music at a club near his Nashville-area home and passed out for several seconds.

Is there any doubt to the kind of music he was listening to?

There is a frightening article in the current GQ about doctors who have diagnosed a specific brain disease that is caused by football. The doctor who autopised Mike Webster (who died young with serious mental problems) examined his brain and those of a number of other players who killed themselves or drugged/drank themselves to death young and found things that they had never seen before in a human brain. It's a worthwhile read, though very troubling for anyone who plays/loves football.

I found the article online.
http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_10980

Will read it now.

I hope they can do something about the concussions. But it's tricky. Guy won't want to sit out if they think they can play and their jobs are on the line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom