N/S Superbowl food (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
For those who are watching what is everyone cooking/eating for the big game?

A 32oz Porterhouse steak. On the grill. Get my bbq grill around 475 degrees, sear it on the both sides, and then turn it down low so it cooks to be medium.

Deer back strap with various side items. Beer. Lots of beer.

Finger foods that can be laid out and picked on all day. Super Bowl Sunday is a day that we typically don't have set meals or cook much. Sausage, cheeses, chips & crackers, dip, raw veggies, chicken wings, BBQ meatballs, stuff like that.

Although pennstater's Porterhouse sure sounds good.... :hihi:

Crawfish n beer.

EDIT: Pastalaya and beer now..

Last edited:
I'm thinking about making fajitas. I've got to figure out something, because I'll have guests that expect me to feed them.

A 32oz Porterhouse steak. On the grill. Get my bbq grill around 475 degrees, sear it on the both sides, and then turn it down low so it cooks to be medium.

Good luck to you, I have had such bad luck ( and I don't believe in luck) when eating porterhouse that it brings flashbacks and makes me cringe at the thought, all I ask is that if the Saints ever make the superbowl please don't eat them then :ezbill:

Well the spread for my party is pretty extensive from year to year. On the menu this year is:

Backstap slow cooked on the pit stuffed with some garlic and onions covered with some beer reduction sauce.

Steak placed on skewers and Q'ued to perfection with some wine reduction sauce to dip it in.

Goose breasts stuffed with pork, red onions, jalepenos, and wrapped in 1/3 inch thick peppercorn bacon. You sear these on both sides to seal in the good stuff on a cast iron skillet then through them on the pit with everything else.

Hot Wings, done my way with my own sauce. You Q up the wings and then make your own sauce in a 3 inch deep baking tray. After the wings are cooked over the open flame you put them in the sauce and leave the tray on the pit for about another 45 minutes or so, the meat just falls off of the bone.

Red Beans and Rice cooked to perfection by my girlfriend. She can't cook much but what she does cook, is definately worth eating.

Chicken and sausage gumbo and homeade potato salad.

and last but not least

A keg of beer.

Well the spread for my party is pretty extensive from year to year. On the menu this year is:

Backstap slow cooked on the pit stuffed with some garlic and onions covered with some beer reduction sauce.

Steak placed on skewers and Q'ued to perfection with some wine reduction sauce to dip it in.

Goose breasts stuffed with pork, red onions, jalepenos, and wrapped in 1/3 inch thick peppercorn bacon. You sear these on both sides to seal in the good stuff on a cast iron skillet then through them on the pit with everything else.

Hot Wings, done my way with my own sauce. You Q up the wings and then make your own sauce in a 3 inch deep baking tray. After the wings are cooked over the open flame you put them in the sauce and leave the tray on the pit for about another 45 minutes or so, the meat just falls off of the bone.

Red Beans and Rice cooked to perfection by my girlfriend. She can't cook much but what she does cook, is definately worth eating.

and last but not least

A keg of beer.

I will bring the potato chips.

Whatever the bar is serving.

Or, stop by the Italian deli and pick up some mozz balls and sun dry maters along with a foccacia (sp) bread to soak up the alcohol.

and last but not least

A keg of beer.

That loud banging sound you hear is me beating down your door.

Two large racks of beef ribs that I will start marinating tonight in teriyaki sauce. Bake them for about 30-40 minutes in the oven and cook them the rest of the way on the grill. With that I'll make Italian potatoe salad, fresh steamed greens, and garlic bread. With that I will also be serving a pitcher of dirty martinis, a pitcher of margaritas, and of course beer.

......I guess I need something sweet too, huh?!?! I'll figure something out.....maybe Kingcake!

if you can find the recipie that kevin from buffalo posted on the EE a while back, i highly recommend making it.....in fact, i might make some for the game

good stuff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom