N/S Tackles Joe Thomas and Joe Staley are available (1 Viewer)

Why? LT is one of the positions we certainly don't need someone.

Well it wouldn't hurt since Armstead has trouble staying healthy

We are literally down to our last possible offensive linemen in Landn Turner. Id take a pro bowler at any position to be honest

Then we'd have to Trade Peat or have him at Guard.. Because we just extended Terron, and that would be a lot of money at LT...

Armstead's future might be at RG for us. Playing in that phone booth would be easier on his knee. Joe Thomas is the best LT in the league, the best blindside protector. Peat's ideal position is LG in our offense. See if the Browns want Mark Ingram. He can collect stats there. Ingram, Lelito, and a draft pick? We are a passing offense and they are a running team.

Armstead's future might be at RG for us. Playing in that phone booth would be easier on his knee. Joe Thomas is the best LT in the league, the best blindside protector. Peat's ideal position is LG in our offense. See if the Browns want Mark Ingram. He can collect stats there. Ingram, Lelito, and a draft pick? We are a passing offense and they are a running team.

Consensus around the NFL says Tyron Smith, LT for the Cowgirls is the top LT in the NFL.

I'm still not sure how you can say Peat's ideal position is LG when he has been pretty darn impressive at LT this season, a position he has barely even taken reps at in his first 2 years.

Can you explain why LG is his ideal position?

As far as the OP, the Saints have 1 HUGE hole on the Oline, and need serious depth at another position. Here's the outlook for next year:

Armstead, Peat, Unger, ????, Strief - This has Peat as your primary LT backup, which is fine, but you have to have a very solid OG backup. The Saints don't even have 2 starters. Jahri may be able to give you something as the backup, who knows?

Armstead, Peat, Unger, ????, ???? - If Strief is done (he may very well not be, lol!), then you are in a serious pickle. You need a minimum of a starter at RG, RT, and a very solid backup at OT.

The good news is that other than Oline help, pass rusher is the only other giant need for this team to compete at a very high level, and you have FA, the draft, and the off season to get healthy, all which will help both of those issues.

I don't see it happening but both are great. I don't want to be short sighted after the KC game but it was definitely making me nervous being so thin at OL.

Consensus around the NFL says Tyron Smith, LT for the Cowgirls is the top LT in the NFL.

Tyron Smith is an incredible athlete in an even better situation surrounded by all-pros at every position on the line. Joe Thomas has held his own for the turnstile QB system in Cleveland which is more impressive, in my opinion.

I'm still not sure how you can say Peat's ideal position is LG when he has been pretty darn impressive at LT this season, a position he has barely even taken reps at in his first 2 years.

Can you explain why LG is his ideal position?

As far as the OP, the Saints have 1 HUGE hole on the Oline, and need serious depth at another position. Here's the outlook for next year:

Armstead, Peat, Unger, ????, Strief - This has Peat as your primary LT backup, which is fine, but you have to have a very solid OG backup. The Saints don't even have 2 starters. Jahri may be able to give you something as the backup, who knows?

Armstead, Peat, Unger, ????, ???? - If Strief is done (he may very well not be, lol!), then you are in a serious pickle. You need a minimum of a starter at RG, RT, and a very solid backup at OT.

I want my two most talented offensive linemen at G. When Brees has the ability to step into a pocket, we can torch any defense in the league. Peat did look good at T with Armstead out, but I like his mass better at G. He uses his big body as a shield, allowing Brees to maneuver a little more in the pocket.

I have to thank you for giving me my laugh for the day. Honestly, was having a tough day and this really turned it around. Thanks dude!

I wouldn't mind trading for Thomas to play LG. Guy would be an absolute beast here and probably best for him as he ages. Still an elite LT but maybe he would make the switch if he knew it would be playing for a winning team along with LT $. We as not a winning team right now though and I don't see them making a move like this for this season. If he was an OG or at least willing to make the switch then I wouldn't hesitate. I remember the Broncos were interested a year ago but Cleveland wanted a 1st round pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom