N/S TACOES! Or why Bob Griese is looking for another gig right now (1 Viewer)

Screw PC!!!

Would it be rasict if Montoya was really eating some tacos at the time??? It is getting out of hand with racism talk. What if he said Jeff gordon was out eating chicken and dumplings? I am pretty sure Montoya has been seen eating tacos or other spanish food in public.

I'm trying to imagine getting outraged that a French sportscaster joked about Armstrong being out eating a Big Mac... just can't find the outrage.

Typical overreaction to comments. I would not feel at all bad if someone said I was out for a beer just because I am German. People need to lay off this sensitivity crap to everything little thing.

Last edited:
IMO he was suspended for demonstrating poor judgment when he's paid to represent the network on national television. It really wasn't that bad of a joke - but it was a stupid joke that had no purpose other than to play on a cultural stereotype. It was a boneheaded thing to say.

He is suspended for poor judgment, not because what he said was so offensive. You look at a guy like Imus, who was never reprimanded for off-color jokes until one day he says "Nappy Headed Ho's" and the network has to face a total firestorm. In this instance, ESPN can say "we don't tolerate that kind of thing even if this example wasn't that big of a deal." At least that's how it looks to me.

No tacoes?? Denied!?

Griese can go sound crazy somewhere else. I think any excuse to get him out of the booth is a good one. He's turrible

Actually, I'm not sure how food is a stereotype or negative. I'm just trying to imagine other parallels that would really be offensive. Pasta, rice, etc? It's not really judging, so I don't get it. If he said he was sneaking up the standings like he did across the border, ok, I get it.

I wonder what Montoya was actually doing when Griese accused him of eating a taco?

He was probably in his million dollar motor home at Martinsville Speedway, where Saturday's practices were rained out. Perhaps eating an empanada.

How is that racist? Tacoes are delicious. Who doesn't like tacoes? I'd be eating a tacoe also during a race.

Where is Bobby Hebert? He must be out cooking a Gumbo. Hmm.. I dunno. Just doesn't seem offensive to say someone was out eating something that people eat regularly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom