N/S TACOES! Or why Bob Griese is looking for another gig right now (1 Viewer)

I like tacoes, does that make me racist too somehow?

ESPN should be suspended for making tacos and being Latino sound like bad things.

Now I don't think I will ever be able to order tacoes at a Mexican restaurant without feeling like a racist.

I'm making tacos tonight.
Don't tell Bob.

Would traditional Columbian cuisine even include tacos? Now, if somebody had said about Sanchez, "A hotdog? Shouldn't that be a taco?" THAT would be racist.

Griese replied he was "out having a taco."

He has twice apologized on air for the remark.

Montoya is declining to comment on Griese's suspension. He brushed off the remark Sunday, and said he'd never heard of Griese.

He said he had never heard of Greise?

Now, THAT is racist. :)

How about if Home Depot was Montoya's main sponsor? Would that be racist?

For the record, I love tacos!

He was probably in his million dollar motor home at Martinsville Speedway, where Saturday's practices were rained out. Perhaps eating an empanada.

What are you saying? That Colombians dont hang out in multimillion dollar motor homes like the rest of the drivers? Is that what you are saying? That Colombians live in cheap motor homes? :mwink:

We are in Falcons Hate Week. Let's get back to what really matters:

**** the Falcons!

I guess I alone on this one, but it was a mildly insensitive statement derived by a person's ethnicity and stereotypes of that ethnicity.

Eating a taco, har har har.

If you are on the air and you are not a comedian (they push the limits as a job description and to have an actual job) just lay off any jokes based on ethnicity or race stereotypes unless, perhaps your making fun of your own. Especially so if you are in the ethnic majority. He likely would not have said it if he was on a Mexican program in Mexico, right? Would not go over as well. Oh yeah, being more ethnically accurate in the joke would keep you from sounding stupid as well on top of it.

Basically, don't make fun of other ethnic groups outside your own when you are on the air and not a comedy show. Pretty simple.

I guess I alone on this one, but it was a mildly insensitive statement derived by a person's ethnicity and stereotypes of that ethnicity.

Eating a taco, har har har.

If you are on the air and you are not a comedian (they push the limits as a job description and to have an actual job) just lay off any jokes based on ethnicity or race stereotypes unless, perhaps your making fun of your own. Especially so if you are in the ethnic majority. He likely would not have said it if he was on a Mexican program in Mexico, right? Would not go over as well. Oh yeah, being more ethnically accurate in the joke would keep you from sounding stupid as well on top of it.

I can only think of three Colombian stereotypes and using two of them would have gotten Griese fired before the end of the show. He's lucky he isnt good with stereotyping.

I guess I alone on this one, but it was a mildly insensitive statement derived by a person's ethnicity and stereotypes of that ethnicity .... Basically, don't make fun of other ethnic groups outside your own when you are on the air and not a comedy show. Pretty simple.
Or tacos are the first tasty snack he thought of and network officials are actually the ignorant ones stereotyping all Latin/Spanish speaking cultures as having the same cuisine.

He said nothing about his ethnicity and tacos have become pretty standard fare. I don't think it's that simple at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom