N/S Tebow: I don’t know where I’m going, but I know what’s guiding me (1 Viewer)

I don't understand the Tebow hate. He took Denver just as deep in the playoffs as Manning did.

No one hates Tebow, they hate the obsession with him.

Deep down, I think he's a good person. He clearly means well, and he's a great role model too unlike the majority of players today.

The problem is the media, and how when he barely pulls a win out playing as awful as he does they just go bat crazy and nuts over it and think this kid is a divine intervention. Also this gives an excuse now. When there is bad QB's you'll always hear "but but Tebow was winning and he couldn't complete 50% of his passes!" even though it was Denver's defense doing all the heavy lifting in those games, and it was against cupcakes, mostly the same type of cupcakes that they blew out this year.

He's a horrible QB, but deep down he's a good person and means well. I respect that of him, I do not like the media however constantly hammering it down my throat 24/7. I quit watching ESPN in 2011 because I got sick to death of hearing about Tebow. Even at the Super Bowl I heard about Tebow, before the Jets season started, they were hyping them up over Tebow. I don't hate Tebow, but I absolutely do not like the obsession with him.

There are lots of "not very good" football players in the NFL and no one has a problem with them. People just don't like Tebow because he is outspoken about his beliefs.

I've yet to meet a single person that dislikes Tebow because of his beliefs. Tebow's beliefs don't make him a bad QB in people's eyes. The fact that Tebow is a bad QB is what makes him a bad QB in people's eyes.

I've yet to meet a single person that dislikes Tebow because of his beliefs. Tebow's beliefs don't make him a bad QB in people's eyes. The fact that Tebow is a bad QB is what makes him a bad QB in people's eyes.

That is my problem with him. As much hype he gets, you'd think he was better than Rodgers. His beliefs don't bother me a bit.

I've met lots of people who dislike him because of his beliefs. There are several on this thread alone. What's rare are the people who actually have either the guts or the self honesty to admit that's what they are doing.

For goodness sake. Look at the title of the thread and the very first post. They're both clearly mocking the fact that he believes God is guiding him. It's rampant throughout the thread. If you honestly don't care about his beliefs, why is it that people who "only care that he can't play quarterback" keep bringing them up? The entire premise of this thread is "hurr hurr...Tebow's so stupid. He thinks God is guiding him even though he's not a good QB." But sure. His beliefs are irrelevant. :rolleyes:

Also, the whole "I only dislike him because ESPN hypes him up so much" line is a complete lie. ESPN may have hyped him a lot during the Broncos improbable playoff run, but recently? You hardly ever hear the man's name except when someone starts a thread like this. Sure, ESPN may mention him a bit more than he deserves...but they're hardly "shoving him down your throat all the time" like people claim in order to justify their hatred. Honestly, the only time you really hear about him these days is threads like this.

Also, no one cares that he's not a good QB. Brady Quinn isn't a good QB either, but no one feels the need to make threads about it and bash him. I hear his name on ESPN just as often as Tebows these days. You keep claiming that you hate him because he's hyped up...but literally no one is hyping him up except maybe Bayless who only exists to say controversial things and get a reaction. That stopped forever ago when he left Denver.

For goodness sake. Look at the title of the thread and the very first post. They're both clearly mocking the fact that he believes God is guiding him.

Except that mocking does not imply dislike/hatred, unless that's what you're looking for.

The tricky thing about embracing concepts like predestination and determinism is that they work fine when good things happen, but become much more difficult to explain/rationalize when bad things happen.

You know, no matter who you are, good things are not going to always happen, Tim places his trust in one place wether the results are good or bad. I don't think I have ever seen or heard him try to explain or rationalize the results. He believes that it is His will and he is fine with that. I truly respect this young man and wish him nothing but success.

With the negative things people do why the focus on Tebow? Jesus said it best in Luke 23:31 For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?
As Christians we should not think it's strange to be treated this way, the world doesn't understand.

I Corinthians
2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Also, the whole "I only dislike him because ESPN hypes him up so much" line is a complete lie. ESPN may have hyped him a lot during the Broncos improbable playoff run, but recently? You hardly ever hear the man's name except when someone starts a thread like this. Sure, ESPN may mention him a bit more than he deserves...but they're hardly "shoving him down your throat all the time" like people claim in order to justify their hatred. Honestly, the only time you really hear about him these days is threads like this.

Sorry but I completly disagree with this part. I wont say I hate the guy but you can bet your backside as soon as I hear his name metioned I change the channel. ESPN may not metion him as much as they used to but after 3 years of 24/7 talk about him I can cetain understand peoples dislike for him.

Sorry but I completly disagree with this part. I wont say I hate the guy but you can bet your backside as soon as I hear his name metioned I change the channel. ESPN may not metion him as much as they used to but after 3 years of 24/7 talk about him I can cetain understand peoples dislike for him.

Yes, we're talking about a window from his drafting in the first round till now. Tim Tebow isn't a recent and short lived topic.

Yes. You're clearly so adamant about avoiding Tim Tebow discussion that you went into a clearly labelled thread about Tebow, read 3 pages worth of Tebow discussion and then started talking about Tebow.

If you're equally as adept at avoiding him on television it's no wonder you're sick of him.

Yes. You're clearly so adamant about avoiding Tim Tebow discussion that you went into a clearly labelled thread about Tebow, read 3 pages worth of Tebow discussion and then started talking about Tebow.

If you're equally as adept at avoiding him on television it's no wonder you're sick of him.

so internet thread is the same as tv now? wow didnt know that thanks for the heads up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom