N/S Tebow: I don’t know where I’m going, but I know what’s guiding me (1 Viewer)

They're both clearly mocking the fact that he believes God is guiding him.
That is what I am mocking. I mock the fact that he thinks god cares whether or not he throws a winning touchdown, or if he throws an interception, it was gods will. In the same manner that some people people pray for their team to win, while at the same time, people on the other team are praying for the exact opposite. God does not care which team wins.

Don't know why you had to go there man. You don't know where God is going to guide him. It might be as a motivational speaker, a football player, a garbage man. Tebow has never ceased to praise the Lord in any mention. You don't have to smear it in his face like that. I rarely give negative reps, but I exercised my freedom to in this instance.

Now, if he does something like run a ministry for youth living in poverty, then there would be an argument that god did guide him on that path. However, I am betting that "god will think it better that he continue to play football".

Not sure why but I really want to lock Manti Te'o, Tebow and two women in a room with a video camera and live internet stream.

People think that African wildlife cam got a lot of hits?

I think people hate on him because his image is basically the perfect person. People love to hate. I personally just respect him for who he is, no need to hate.

There are some of us who hate him because he's a Gator and others because he's a whining simp. Others, still, hate him because he's a terrible quarterback and an attention hound. And, of course, there are those who find his sanctimonious shtick to be offensive.

I'm not really sure if it's necessary to pick a reason when there are so many good ones available.

I think the Vatican may sign him to backup the new pope.

That is what I am mocking. I mock the fact that he thinks god cares whether or not he throws a winning touchdown, or if he throws an interception, it was gods will. In the same manner that some people people pray for their team to win, while at the same time, people on the other team are praying for the exact opposite. God does not care which team wins.

Now, if he does something like run a ministry for youth living in poverty, then there would be an argument that god did guide him on that path. However, I am betting that "god will think it better that he continue to play football".

According to the Bible that Tebow and Webow believe in it says to cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you. No where in the Bible is there a list of things that God says not to bother Him with. Nothing is too big or too small for God. Priority is a point, but doesn't negate everything else. Perhaps taking everything to Him will shed light on the intimate care God has for us. Besides He knows anyhow.

Haters gonna hate....now can we please cut Harper and Smith today?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The tricky thing about embracing concepts like predestination and determinism is that they work fine when good things happen, but become much more difficult to explain/rationalize when bad things happen.

Only if you think WE know the predestination of what is a "good outcome" or a "bad outcome". The thing is that our interpretation of worldly success isn't always what is the best outcome.

John 15:7,8 says:

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

Remaining in Him, means being on HIS team, not God being on our team. His team, means His will, and once we're in line with that, what we wish for will be what He wants, not what the world interprets as "good" or "success."

Remember, the disciples and Jesus were killed for their faith. And it was a great success for God and themselves as they are glorified in heaven for their faith and sacrifice. At the time, the Romans and Jews thought THEY had been successful for killing them.

The tricky thing about embracing concepts like predestination and determinism is that they work fine when good things happen, but become much more difficult to explain/rationalize when bad things happen.

Actually, as a believer, and one that believes in predestination, I believe in God guiding in to the valleys as well as on the mountaintops. To believe otherwise cheapens the whole idea of Him guiding. When a player on a winning team gets in front of a camera and says he prayed God would allow his team to win i cringe. There's a good chance there was a praying Christian on the other side who prayed the same thing. Not every path leads to victory. That's called life and God is for it.

Actually, as a believer, and one that believes in predestination, I believe in God guiding in to the valleys as well as on the mountaintops. To believe otherwise cheapens the whole idea of Him guiding. When a player on a winning team gets in front of a camera and says he prayed God would allow his team to win i cringe. There's a good chance there was a praying Christian on the other side who prayed the same thing. Not every path leads to victory. That's called life and God is for it.

This.

I agree with you and I don't think god has any place in sports, ALL sports no matter what it is. I just don't believe the whole theory that god is going to give you the upper hand against another man in a contest. The bible says all men are created equal, and that is that. I just don't believe God is going to grant someone victory to them over another man just because he prayed for it.

If this thread digresses into religious mumbo then please move it to an appropriate board. Separation of Church and State carries over into football.

I can argue for and against religion but I came here to discuss football.

Back to your regularly scheduled bash/hate/love Tebow thread.

Only if you think WE know the predestination of what is a "good outcome" or a "bad outcome". The thing is that our interpretation of worldly success isn't always what is the best outcome.

John 15:7,8 says:

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

Remaining in Him, means being on HIS team, not God being on our team. His team, means His will, and once we're in line with that, what we wish for will be what He wants, not what the world interprets as "good" or "success."

Remember, the disciples and Jesus were killed for their faith. And it was a great success for God and themselves as they are glorified in heaven for their faith and sacrifice. At the time, the Romans and Jews thought THEY had been successful for killing them.

This.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom