N/S Teddy Bridgewater may not have a home in New York much longer. (1 Viewer)

He has been a massive disappointment since he was drafted. Even before the injuries, he never amounted to much.

You obviously didn't watch much of him before he was hurt, the last half of the season he was really turning a corner, this is flat out an incorrect statement. I think he would have been a top 10 QB had he been able to stay healthy....

With only 14 TD's and a few extra hundred yards from his rookie season.

It helped that the Vikings were 11-5 that year. Pro Bowl voting is fan based now, hardly much to go by....and that Vikings team hilariously choked in the playoffs to Seattle. Yet another playoff loss where their whiny fans cry over them getting screwed by a kicker or something, totally not their fault for turning the ball over.

He was part of the Vikings being 11-5 that year, a big part. As a young QB he didn't have huge stats but he was very efficient and didn't turn the ball over very often....

With what you saw this evening do you think there is a QB not named Brees on this roster that could lead a team to 11 wins?

There are maybe 5 quarterbacks in the entire league that could lead this team to 11 wins. Every team in the league with an elite QB is screwed if said QB goes down; IE the Packers last year.

** Except Philly, though that's kind of a flukey situation.

Last edited:
I've never been wowed by anything he's done in the NFL. He's a average QB at best.

So far that's been true, but he has talent. Moreover, average NFL QB is much better than either Savage or Hill. Savage is just too safe and apparently has trouble getting the ball the Kamara on timing patterns. (Something we would really need him to do if Brees is out.) And, Hill is clearly an unfinished product, I'd keep him over Savage because of his upside, but he is not going to be ready to start this year if Brees gets hurt.

That being said, I wonder if Bridgewater's knee is every going to be right?

Tom Savage college attempts 757
Teddy Bridgewater college attempts 1,142

Tom Savage NFL attempts: 315
Teddy Bridgewater NFL attempts: 851

:shrug:

My bad. Just feels like Savage has been taking a beating forever and Bridgewater’s been out of sight, out of mind for a bit.

Whether we would pursue or not I just think if he’s healthy he will want to start. Or at least to go to a place where he has the chance to start.

I mean, if he did come here Brees has maybe 2 years left and then he would be in the position to be the starting QB of a stacked offensive unit that only really needs a QB and is run by the best offensive mind in the NFL. That would seem attractive to a vet QB who knows he is unlikely to start anywhere this year.

So far that's been true, but he has talent. Moreover, average NFL QB is much better than either Savage or Hill. Savage is just too safe and apparently has trouble getting the ball the Kamara on timing patterns. (Something we would really need him to do if Brees is out.) And, Hill is clearly an unfinished product, I'd keep him over Savage because of his upside, but he is not going to be ready to start this year if Brees gets hurt.

That being said, I wonder if Bridgewater's knee is every going to be right?

This has to be why he's being released if reports are true. Shredding the knee like he did is something that kills careers.

As far as Hill and Savage go, I think we'll see Savage get better with more and more reps in live action. He's never going to be Brees, but the more settled into this offense he gets, the better he'll perform. Can you imagine what it must've been like to be calling Payton's playbook (even the vanilla version) for the first time ever? Payton went out and got him ridiculously early in the offseason, so he obviously thinks the guy's got something to work with. I think both he and Hill will be much improved by the end of camp/pre-season.

I mean, if he did come here Brees has maybe 2 years left and then he would be in the position to be the starting QB of a stacked offensive unit that only really needs a QB and is run by the best offensive mind in the NFL. That would seem attractive to a vet QB who knows he is unlikely to start anywhere this year.

Well stated.

I’m one of the guys that wanted us to try and get Teddy here to be Drew’s protege for a couple years. I think he has the ability with the right system and coaching. I think calling him the next Steve Young is a bit exaggerated, but the upside on giving him a chance greatly outweighs the bad, imo.

There's no logical reason not to let him attempt a rebuild here.......if the price is right.

**sigh** YES. If the Saints could get him YES. This one aint hard to figure.

I have no idea if he's willing to be a backup. I really don't care either way, I thought Savage looked good yesterday with the exception of missing Kamara on that wide open play.

I was just pointing out that Bridgewater actually has more experience than Savage because when I first read brockmeaux's post I was like yeah that makes sense but then when I actually looked at it Teddy and Tom have both been in the league since 2014 with Teddy starting 3 times as many NFL games and basically being a starter his entire college career while Savage bounced around 3 different colleges trying to find a starting spot.

Then I was thinking why did both brock and I automatically assume that Savage is more "experienced" than Teddy and at first I thought it's because we are racist jerks. But then I realized neither of us have those kinds of posts on here and it dawned on me. WE ARE but not in the way I was thinking. We just lumped Savage in with all those other faceless white Texans QB's so the TJ Yates/Ryan Mallet/Brandon Weeden/Brain Hoyer/Dan Olversksyslsikss all blended together to make us think Savage has been in the league for like 10 years. :hihi::hihi:

So kinda like 10 years of what we dealt with in '98 with Billy Joe Wuerffel-Collins?

Man, I really feel sorry for Texan fan...

Teddy Bridgewater isn’t an NFL at this point. I highly doubt an NFL team will trust him with that. Brees could be 2 years from retirement...seems like a much better transition plan than we current have. I’d throw a late round pick at the Jets and see what happens.

He was part of the Vikings being 11-5 that year, a big part. As a young QB he didn't have huge stats but he was very efficient and didn't turn the ball over very often....

when you don't have an elite qb, being efficient and not turning the ball over what you want from your qb. so Teddy is a younger version of Alex Smith and I can think of a lot worse qb to be like. If, for some reason, he comes here and sits behind Drew for a couple years, he would have a team almost like he had in Minny. Stout defense and a very good running game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom