N/S Texans cut Demaryius Thomas (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I know he is older (31), and he is coming off of a torn ACL, but is this a low cost signing you would pursue to get a veteran presence in the WR room? Make no bones, he isn’t the DT that Manning had, but he is still a winner, and a guy who put up 59/677/5 last season under some very crap circumstances.

Wasn’t he contemplating retirement in 2017? I’m sure he was. I’ll pass. However, I do remember him getting open a lot while on the Broncos and Case Keenbum failed to see him.

If he’d have had the injury at the beginning of the season I’d say bring him in, but since it was at the end I don’t think he’d be ready and would pretty much be just like Meredith was for us this year. Maybe work him out and keep him on speed dial in case of emergency but I don’t think he will contribute much if anything next season with that injury. I know Okafor came back from it but different position with different stressors on the Achilles.

This aint it Chief. Saints already have enough big slow WRs. DT is a Dez Bryant clone. Saints need a quick shifty, 3rd down monster WR that can get open quickly--Amendola, Golden Tate or Cole Beasley.

Cole Beasley or Adam Humphries.......maybe Golden Tate. As stated previously we have enough big possession wrs, we need a Lance Moore/(prime) Willie Snead shifty wr that's not currently on the roster. Along with a pass catching TE (1 of the IOWA TEs or IRV SMITH JR), good luck beating us next year, its pick your poison time. #1 offense + top 15 or above D = Lombardi trophy simple math.

I prefer a healthy meredith and dez bryant.
This is what I'm thinking too. If both of these guys can be healthy and ready to roll for camp, I think they'd be ideal. We do still need an upgraded or improved Austin Carr playing that Lance Moore roll that we've missed on third downs, though I guess we've been using Kamara a lot in those positions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom