N/S Texans Release Kenny Stills (1 Viewer)

Another marginally talented NFL player who spent too much time on social media wasting his energy and focus on stuff not related to his job.

This happened when he was just a kid fresh out of college. People grow up. Imagine if you were judged on what you did as a 21-22 year old. I was a total idiot, and I know I wouldn’t be where I am today if I were judged on my early 20s

The idea that a player’s interest in social issues necessarily impacts their output on the field is an undercover way of saying that you just don’t agree with the message. I’ve never once seen anybody pile on Drew for spending too much time working with the Brees Dream Foundation after a (rare) poor performance.

As to Stills, when CGM was injured and Sanders was absent with the spicy lung, that would have been the time to make the inquiry I think. I still wouldn’t rule it out of course, and think he could be great depth (he’s a better pure receiver than TQS but I appreciate TQS is a good blocker). He’d be another offensive weapon, and if money was no object I’d be on board for sure, but not sure he’d be value for money right now in our cap situation.

It would be nice to have Stills back, but we don't need him. Who would we release to make room for him? He would be just a luxury at this point. We have too much young talent at WR that we need to develop. Just look at Callaway and Juwan Johnson that would stunt their development. also would take snaps away from Tre'Quan Smith who is finally coming into his own.
Callaway in particular has impressed me.

As a OU fan, he's good but another diva!! Don't need him right now.

As a OU fan, he's good but another diva!! Don't need him right now.
What kids aren’t divas these days? But we must be patient and train them. He wasn’t resigned in NO because he was still in brash and followed the wrong crowd. I’m sure he’s grown up by now. Most do. Not every good WR is like Colston, Fitzgerald, or Julio Jones. They do their work and stay low key. There were those on here that thought MT and AK were divas.

By the way, I’d take on Stills’ remaining $2.1 million for extra security to win a SB.

Snead was solid here, but not sure he could be of much benefit now. Not sure what led to his release with us in the first place, but it had to be something significant after having consecutive near 1,000 yard seasons when our receiving corps was underwhelming as a whole. So, if the Saints somehow want him back, fine. If not, fine. We are looking good as it is.

Snead is in Baltimore. This is Kenny Stills.

I was going to say that it can't hurt to take a look and that's still true but I had just realized that we don't need to bring anybody in. We just survived without CGM and Sanders at the same time whilst one of those had Callaway in there as well. We'll be fine.

The idea that a player’s interest in social issues necessarily impacts their output on the field is an undercover way of saying that you just don’t agree with the message. I’ve never once seen anybody pile on Drew for spending too much time working with the Brees Dream Foundation after a (rare) poor performance.

As to Stills, when CGM was injured and Sanders was absent with the spicy lung, that would have been the time to make the inquiry I think. I still wouldn’t rule it out of course, and think he could be great depth (he’s a better pure receiver than TQS but I appreciate TQS is a good blocker). He’d be another offensive weapon, and if money was no object I’d be on board for sure, but not sure he’d be value for money right now in our cap situation.
SPICY LUNG! :)

Again, when WE knew him as a diva, he was 22 years old. He’s now 28. Most people mature as they age, believe it or not.
But you can’t get some people on here to see that. If they were eagles flocking with turkeys and you told them it’s Thanksgiving, they would still stand there and get their heads blown off. The turkeys would at least run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom