N/S (Thank God): So many truly terrible teams this season (1 Viewer)

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
There are always bad teams. I realize this. You realize this. But this year? It seems like through the first five weeks there are way more abysmal teams than usual:

Bills, Browns, Raiders, Titans, Bucs, Chiefs, Lions, Panthers, and Redskins, are just outright atrocious teams. Just indefensibly awful in every phase of the game.

Then there are teams like Miami, Houston, Seattle, Arizona, and Jacksonville that are somewhat better, but so inconsistent that it's hard to take them seriously.

Now, I've been watching football long enough to know that any one of these teams could wake up and turn it around. Any given Sunday and all that. But I fail to recall a season in recent memory in which there was such a glut of bad play, bad planning, poor execution, and all-round uninspired football as I've seen this year. Today's slate of noon games was maybe one of the worst I've ever seen, and not just because the Saints had a bye. The matchups (with one or two exceptions) were almost unwatchable.

Am I alone in this? Am I just noticing it more this year and nothing is out of the ordinary, or is there a higher than average of awfulness in the NFL this season?

MSUSousaphone

Owning the CONCACAF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It seems like the other undefeated teams get to feast on them, now, while they're down. It's not fun sitting on a bye and watching Minn, NYG, get some free wins. We'll get the Bucs and the Panthers soon. In previous years our bad luck would have that being the week they wake up. I'm feeling different about this season.

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It was so bad that CBS had to switch away from 2 games to finally get to the Ravens

OP
Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
It was so bad that CBS had to switch away from 2 games to finally get to the Ravens

Exactly. It's a fairly rare event to cut away from one game, but they cut away from TWO.

Crestor

Veteran
Reaction score
i think the jets are the biggest pretenders of them all.

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Redskins haven't played a team all year that has a win at the time they played them.

KorrBG20

The Core
Reaction score
Gotta watch out for that Shockey guy too. He may be a cancer and all, but he can catch!

Psh...I'm more scared of Lawrence Taylor on defense.

Phil Simms may not be the most flashiest quarterback...but he gets the job done. Bill Parcells is a hell of a coach.

OP
Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
Psh...I'm more scared of Lawrence Taylor on defense.

Phil Simms may not be the most flashiest quarterback...but he gets the job done. Bill Parcells is a hell of a coach.

Lawrence Taylor will sack Bobby Hebert at least 10 times. I'm terrified.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
Right now the Raiduhs, Bucs and Rams are on a whole other level of bad.

There are a level of teams above them that at least play hard - Phins, Chiefs, Panthers, Lions, Titans (despite their record), Skins, Cards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom