N/S The Philippines (1 Viewer)

ATL-St.Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Whodat Nation please keep the people of the Philippines in your hearts and minds. We should be able to empathize with their plight. Consider taking the opportunity to help ease the pain and suffering of those in need.

<a href=http://www.redcross.org.ph/>Red Cross</a>

<a href=http://fieldnotes.unicefusa.org/2013/11/super-typhoon-haiyan-strikes-philippines.html?gclid=CNiFhZmx2roCFTJp7AodrAEArQ>unicef</a>

. . .

The Philippines is a very corrupt nation, so if you are going to donate, I urge you to do some research to figure out where your funds will be going. Probably better to look for smaller volunteering groups that will be going to help. The major ones will likely funnel money through the govt.

One of my employees is from the Philippines. Her mother and many family members still live there. Thankfully they were all OK.

My wife is from Manila and her family there was spared the worst of it hit the central islands where some villages and towns were completely wiped out. This storm from what I've seen was equal to Katrina in size and strength.

Also like the above poster be careful where you donate to because of the corruption. One of the best options would be to missionary groups that you can contact through a local church

I have in-laws in Olangapo (former homer home to Naval Station Subic Bay) they had only a little wind and rain fortunately. I remember when i was Stationed there. There was a large one hit in the same area. The people requested canned food and fishing nets. Mainly due to there rice crops being wiped out. If there was a way to send food. i would suggest corned beef, Spam, and canned fish

My gf is from there too...Thankfully her family missed it by like a few hours north...But yes we can all relate to some of their pain...Horrific storm...

What a terrible tragedy for a Island Country that routinely gets hit year to year. My son was a Marine stationed in Okinawa during the last big typhoon a couple of years ago and his unit was deployed to the mountains to establish basic communication for the evac efforts that went on for days and days. The suffering of the rural communities was sad to hear about.
Anyone who can please consider giving to the Red Cross or one of the great agencies that get food and medicine and basic living supplies to communities in the Philippines hit hardest. All of us from New Orleans and Louisiana know full well the suffering caused by these super storms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom