N/S: The Vikings (1 Viewer)

Hi all!

Just checking in.

Everyone have a good week?
Congratulations on the win over Atlanta.

Bad weekend up here. Our college football team lost at Maryland badly.

All week, MN radio was telling us how we're resting people for the RAMS game on Thursday and we were going to play backups as we trounced the Bills.
Saturday evening we were mocking Bills' social media because they showed a graphic with their plane landing in Wisconsin.

I was at a soccer game for my daughter so I didn't watch the game but it was a blowout from the start.

After the game was over, news came out that Antoine Winfield Jr, the Gophers best defensive player is out for the year due to a foot injury.

Now tonight rumors are that our sack leader, Everson Griffin (who wasn't going to play today to get him healthy for the Rams game) evidently had something really bad happen and it could shake the team up because it is not good.

So anyway, things could have been better this week, but the good news is my wife didn't confront me to tell me she's having an affair or anything, and my kids are healthy, so things could have been worse.

Rams look really good. We travel there.
Would like to say it's a real "test" but who knows.
Our team is allowing an average of 29 points per game in the last 4.5 games, so even though our Vikings radio network keeps calling it the "#1 defense" I don't know how many more weeks they can keep using that.

I'm going to go google "Why your team sucks - Minnesota Vikings" from deadspin because for everything written in there, I don't think this Bills game was mentioned.

VikesFan2017,
A little heads-up, just in case you're watching sports talk shows today:

Do not watch Skip & Shannon.
It's gonna get ugly. Skip hates Kirk Cousins.
[With his over the top, Bayless passion.]

Shannon will say, "SKIIIIIIIUUUUP,
why u hate that man?.. It was a trap game
."
Skip's gonna dredge up every bad game Cousins has ever had,
hhmm, maybe he'll mention the Redskins loss in the Dome last year.

I loved that game.
AK tipping the ball to himself while Redskins were in slow motion, like they were mesmerized. :homer:
.. Josh Hill on the block while AK cruised to the pylon for 2 pts,
Ohhhhhhh, P-y-l-o-n. :homer:

Btw, I don't know what to think about Cousins; total enigma. ain't no Captain Kirk.

Well, sorry u had a terrible week, figured I'd give u the heads up.

... P.S. ...
Who did yall pay to schedule Saints at Minny, only 1 week before we play the Rams?

Literally, WhoDat.

Gotta give yall props, was a sly ole veteran manoeuvre.

@VikesFan2017
Do you feel the same as your fellow fan here about Kirk?

This was brought up over and over by people who didn't buy into the "Cousins is a top elite QB cause of his stats" hype.

He is a statue in the pocket who can't avoid pressure. One thing that made Keenum work last year was how mobile he was in the pocket and avoiding pressure. They were better off to stick with the QB who had the best year of his career with them last year, instead of dumping him trying to find their next Warren Moon/Randall Cunningham/Brett Favre former elite QB in the twilight of his career.

Rams or Vikings thursday night? What would be the best for the saints?

I’d think Vikes.
I was thinking Vikings too, but then I thought about how the NFC west is weak this year and the Rams are very good will probably be the first seed anyway. Maybe taking the vikings out as soon as possible maybe better.

I work with a big Vikings fan, and ever since I started working here he has always joked “watch out for Andrew, he is a Saints fan, so you know he cheats.” (Like that is supposed to offend me)

Today was a good day. What up now birch?

I highly doubt we end up 2-2-2 in 3 weeks.

NFC North is mixed up right now.
Worst QB has the best record.

Early in the season.

This Rams game will be interesting.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Vikings roll the Rams. It's been that kind of crazy year. Really hard to gauge the strength of teams. The Rams seem to be the most legit, though.

@VikesFan2017
Do you feel the same as your fellow fan here about Kirk?

Too early to judge on Kirk.
I'll say he's better than Keenum and most QB's we've come close to sniffing. God knows we can't draft one.
I liked Bridgewater, but I think the Vikings felt they can't put the fan base at risk of watching a horrific knee injury play out in front of 60k.

One thing not helping Kirk is that our GM has ignored our O-line for years and it's really starting to show. Free agent signings have been our best, and they've been cast-offs. Our line is really horrible. Kirk's going to get plastered at some point. Possibly Thursday night against the Rams. I'll be shocked if he stays healthy for 16 games.

VikesFan2017,
A little heads-up, just in case you're watching sports talk shows today:

Do not watch Skip & Shannon.
It's gonna get ugly. Skip hates Kirk Cousins.
[With his over the top, Bayless passion.]

Shannon will say, "SKIIIIIIIUUUUP,
why u hate that man?.. It was a trap game
."
Skip's gonna dredge up every bad game Cousins has ever had,
hhmm, maybe he'll mention the Redskins loss in the Dome last year.

I loved that game.
AK tipping the ball to himself while Redskins were in slow motion, like they were mesmerized. :homer:
.. Josh Hill on the block while AK cruised to the pylon for 2 pts,
Ohhhhhhh, P-y-l-o-n. :homer:

Btw, I don't know what to think about Cousins; total enigma. ain't no Captain Kirk.

Well, sorry u had a terrible week, figured I'd give u the heads up.

... P.S. ...
Who did yall pay to schedule Saints at Minny, only 1 week before we play the Rams?

Literally, WhoDat.

Gotta give yall props, was a sly ole veteran manoeuvre.

I don't watch Skip or Shannon. Skip gets paid millions to say really dumb stuff.

Scheduling can be a fickle thing. We've got AT Rams then At Philly these next two weeks. (we're really excited right now. 1-3-1 looks possible.

Things couldve have gotten a lot worse @VikesFan2017. I admire your positive mindset.

Worse? You mean like:
38-7
41-0
Nate Pool?
Leading the league in DUI's?
Signing Mossy Cade?
Adrian Peterson beating his kid?
Dome caving in?
Playing a "home game" on a Tuesday night in DETROIT?
Drew Pearson pushing off?
Being the only team Detroit beat that one year?
Tommy Kramer's knee injury?
Drafting Matt Kalil #4 overall?
Christian Ponder (not only drafting him, but keeping him as starter for 3 freaking years?
Love Boat?
Losing the first NFC Championship Overtime Game?
Losing the second NFC Championship Overtime Game?
Having never won a Super Bowl and having Packer fans in your office building because they come here for jobs tell us about how many Super Bowls the Packers have?
Losing 4 Super Bowls?
The HERSCHELL WALKER TRADE?
Wide left? (Mort version)
Wide left? (Walsh version)
Les Steckel?
Drafting Demetrius Underwood?
Trading Randy Moss in his prime and using that pick for Troy Williamson?
Being the first team on nationally televised NFL draft to not get their "pick in on time"
Culpepper blowing out his knee?

Yeh, it could be worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom