N/S: This guy is looking for an NFL team to cheer for (1 Viewer)

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
I just saw this guy on 1st and 10 on ESPN. WOW!!! It's sort of sad how people go about choosing teams to become fans of. He stated that he is a big fan of the L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Lakers and University of Alabama. He has a thick southern accent so he probably has no affiliation to Los Angeles. He just seems like someone who likes teams with strong tradition.

He says he's always been an NFL fan just kind of watching from the outside. He has no team to cheer passionately for and he's ready for that to change. He contacted all NFL teams asking why he should be a fan of their team. Can you believe several teams actually responded. Those teams were, Buffalo, Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Tennessee.

This just makes me wonder if he's doing this for publicity. I mean c'mon Brett Favre Jr.! Are you trying to tell me this is a decision you are completely incapable of making on your own?

Here's a link to his website.
http://www.singlewhitefan.com/

i saw him on 1st take, we don't want him here. NO BANDWAGONERS!!!!!!! Thought it was funny how he said the Bills are trying so hard to convert him... Poor Bills

This just makes me wonder if he's doing this for publicity. I mean c'mon Brett Favre Jr.! Are you trying to tell me this is a decision you are completely incapable of making on your own?

Here's a link to his website.
http://www.singlewhitefan.com/

Believe it or not, there are some people that are incapable of making a decision. I don't know if that's the case here.

At the risk of sounding sappy, you can't just decide on a team like that, much like you can't choose who you love, imo. It's kind of ridiculous to just say as an adult male, "OK, I'll pick this team because they gave me the best pitch.."

As many have said, he wouldn't fit in as a Saints fan.You need to be moved to be a true fan. It needs to be in your blood. It needs to not be a choice.

His blog is pretty good and he has made a lot of contacts. I think this is just a stunt so he can increase his stature as a journalist or something. Could work out for him.

At the risk of sounding sappy, you can't just decide on a team like that, much like you can't choose who you love, imo. It's kind of ridiculous to just say as an adult male, "OK, I'll pick this team because they gave me the best pitch.."

As many have said, he wouldn't fit in as a Saints fan.You need to be moved to be a true fan. It needs to be in your blood. It needs to not be a choice.

I respectfully disagree. If it's 'in the blood', then I (or my father, specifically) could argue that it's in my blood to be a Cowboys fan. I was born and raised in Texas and I had no prior affiliation to New Orleans or the Saints. Everyone in my family is a Cowboys fan. I am a Saints fan by choice, and I have been since the mid 80's. Now granted, my reason(s) for 'choosing' the Saints are much different than this guy's, but it's still a choice I made.

Poor guy... we had it easy, most of us were born in the greatest city on earth :ezbill:

I posted a comment under the Lights, Camera, Action section, you guys should check it out and let me know what you think.

I respectfully disagree. If it's 'in the blood', then I (or my father, specifically) could argue that it's in my blood to be a Cowboys fan. I was born and raised in Texas and I had no prior affiliation to New Orleans or the Saints. Everyone in my family is a Cowboys fan. I am a Saints fan by choice, and I have been since the mid 80's. Now granted, my reason(s) for 'choosing' the Saints are much different than this guy's, but it's still a choice I made.
Why did you choose the Saints? You could have chosen any other team, but you chose this team. That means it was in your blood and you just didn't know it. :9:

Let's not box ourselves in as to how we became Saint's fans! I was born and raised here in Louisiana and started out a Cowboy's fan! As I became an adult and came to my senses, I have been a die-hard, true Saint's fan and can't stand the Cowboy's. My father always told me, "son, how can you live in LA. and not support the Saint's". This is our team, win or lose, rain or shine. I am a Saint's fan!

Why did you choose the Saints? You could have chosen any other team, but you chose this team. That means it was in your blood and you just didn't know it. :9:

LOL. I was tired of being force fed the Cowboys, so I decided to rebel and find another team. I didn't want to go over board by choosing a team that was a major rival to the Cowboys, so that ruled out the Steelers, Redskins, Eagles, Giants. At the time, I was in hign school and playing drums in a heavy metal band that played keggers for the high school crowd. After a wild party, I woke up the next morning with a Saints hat on my head with no recollection of how I ended up with it, or where it came from. I took it as a sign and I've been a Saints fan ever since.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom