N/S: This made me smile (1 Viewer)

4 Super Bowl losses

5 NFC championship losses since then

And yet Minnesota has probably the most arrogant fan base I have ever seen among the NFL. Say what you want about Cowboys or 49ers fans with all their SBs, they can at least accept the fact that their team has been nothing short of underachievers since the 90's passed. The amount of sheer hatred Vikings fans have thrown at us for almost a decade now has made me hate them much more. Nothing is ever their team's fault. They don't deserve to lose when turning the ball over a ton of times. They only ever lose in the playoffs due to penalties, conspiracy theories and a kicker missing field goals.

I hope to god they never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. If they went 0-16, I would be happy with that.

4 Super Bowl losses

And yet Minnesota has probably the most arrogant fan base I have ever seen among the NFL. Say what you want about Cowboys or 49ers fans with all their SBs, they can at least accept the fact that their team has been nothing short of underachievers since the 90's passed. The amount of sheer hatred Vikings fans have thrown at us for almost a decade now has made me hate them much more. Nothing is ever their team's fault. They don't deserve to lose when turning the ball over a ton of times. They only ever lose in the playoffs due to penalties, conspiracy theories and a kicker missing field goals.

I hope to god they never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. If they went 0-16, I would be happy with that.

Maybe at some point you'll overcome your shyness and tell us exactly how you feel.

Come on............you can do it!!(y)

Paul Allen, the voice of the Vikings, not only has a very annoying voice to listen to, but want's so badly to bash the Saints any chance he gets and you can clearly tell anytime we play and he calls in to WWL, like last year before we played them both times. Miserable, miserable dude.

Love him or hate him, Paul Allen is arguably the best pbp guy in football.

That play cost me thousands of dollars. Had a $5 12 game parlay with 11 wins heading into that ending.

Between that play and the Jimmy Graham offensive pass interference against the Niners it cost me so much money. That day I had Graham, Brees and whoever was the Saints kicker in fanduel and was rolling in the top 500 of the $1 million entry when that play went down. Was a difference of 19 points on that one play which ended up being the difference between top 5 and top 1000.

Screw both of those days.

Paul Allen, the voice of the Vikings, not only has a very annoying voice to listen to, but want's so badly to bash the Saints any chance he gets and you can clearly tell anytime we play and he calls in to WWL, like last year before we played them both times. Miserable, miserable dude.

To be fair to him, he did defend us way back in 2010 when all their fans were calling in to complain about the "non calls" on the hits Favre was getting in the NFC title game. There used to be a video on Youtube of Allen talking about it and he brought up the Vikings/Packers playoff game from 2004 and explained how the Vikings concussed Favre early in that game and he was never the same afterwards, going on to throw a ton of bad interceptions in that game. It was a trend in Favre's career, that the more he was banged up in a single game, the shakier his playing would become.

That was pre-Bountygate though and before the Vikings punter got on Barstool Sports and created a conspiracy theory. Since then, the hatred has really been built up between the two teams. I hope we crush them this year.

4 Super Bowl losses

First of all, I disagree, but I need to correct something.

We have lost 4 Super Bowls, then 6 (yes six), consecutive NFC Championships games since then.

1977 got beat by Dallas.
1987, the Running Back we picked (Darren Nelson (picked 7th overall) instead of Marcus Allen #10) dropped the game tying TD as time expired.

Since those two, we were in two overtime NFC Championship games and two blow-out NFC Championship games, (two of the worst of each style of losses you can have). We were favored in 3 of those 4.

Our pbp guy is annoying.

We're surrounded by Packers fans here in the metro who always ask us about our Super Bowl wins.
Our fan base is hardly over confident. Much of our life is spent waiting for the other shoe to drop (Eagles 38-7, Giants 41-0, Blair Walsh vs Seattle, Favre throwing across is body, Gary Anderson, etc. Nate Pool, Joe Webb vs Packers, Cowboys Hail Mary, the list never ends, ).

We lead the NFL (yes the whole NFL) in playoff losses and have no Super Bowl wins.

We might have a good feeling about our team this year, and we should because we're a popular Vegas pick right now, but only the newest or most ignorant Vikings fans would be over-confident.

You can continue to hate us because of our last game, and that's fine. Bitter losses create new foes, but to call our entire fanbase as over confident is inaccurate.

(Yes, and many Vikings fans were upset about the Saints, but the Vikings lost that game on their own the 47 fumbles and interceptions in that game. Now those same fans hate Philly more, until we play you again, then it will change for that one week).

To be fair to him, he did defend us way back in 2010 when all their fans were calling in to complain about the "non calls" on the hits Favre was getting in the NFC title game. There used to be a video on Youtube of Allen talking about it and he brought up the Vikings/Packers playoff game from 2004 and explained how the Vikings concussed Favre early in that game and he was never the same afterwards, going on to throw a ton of bad interceptions in that game. It was a trend in Favre's career, that the more he was banged up in a single game, the shakier his playing would become.

That was pre-Bountygate though and before the Vikings punter got on Barstool Sports and created a conspiracy theory. Since then, the hatred has really been built up between the two teams. I hope we crush them this year.

Yeah I think post bounty gate he has been letting his disdain for us build up and just cant seem to get past it, even though it was all a sham. It's the one thing he's holding on to to try and legitimize why they lost other than the fact that we were the better team that day.

First of all, I disagree, but I need to correct something.

We have lost 4 Super Bowls, then 6 (yes six), consecutive NFC Championships games since then.

1977 got beat by Dallas.
1987, the Running Back we picked (Darren Nelson (picked 7th overall) instead of Marcus Allen #10) dropped the game tying TD as time expired.

Since those two, we were in two overtime NFC Championship games and two blow-out NFC Championship games, (two of the worst of each style of losses you can have). We were favored in 3 of those 4.

Our pbp guy is annoying.

We're surrounded by Packers fans here in the metro who always ask us about our Super Bowl wins.
Our fan base is hardly over confident. Much of our life is spent waiting for the other shoe to drop (Eagles 38-7, Giants 41-0, Blair Walsh vs Seattle, Favre throwing across is body, Gary Anderson, etc. Nate Pool, Joe Webb vs Packers, Cowboys Hail Mary, the list never ends, ).

We lead the NFL (yes the whole NFL) in playoff losses and have no Super Bowl wins.

We might have a good feeling about our team this year, and we should because we're a popular Vegas pick right now, but only the newest or most ignorant Vikings fans would be over-confident.

You can continue to hate us because of our last game, and that's fine. Bitter losses create new foes, but to call our entire fanbase as over confident is inaccurate.

(Yes, and many Vikings fans were upset about the Saints, but the Vikings lost that game on their own the 47 fumbles and interceptions in that game. Now those same fans hate Philly more, until we play you again, then it will change for that one week).
Solid post. So many Vikings fans ignore the turnovers and 12 men in the huddle. As Saints fans, we have our share of egregiously awful plays to look back on, including last season. :covri: Fans like to blame losses on exogenous things like bad calls. Sometimes, that's a legitimate complaint. More often than not, however, it's a player messing up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom