N/S Thomas Dimitroff Begs Gonzalez to Stay (1 Viewer)

He should sign with a contender. Atlanta is not a contender, they don't have a QB who can match up in the playoffs and there are no viable options for them to pursue such a QB in free agency or the draft. If he signs with Atlanta he just wants another paycheck. If he sign with us, the Giants, Packers, 49ers, Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, etc, he is serious about going for a ring. He would even be better off signing with the Texans, who at least might be able to do something in the playoffs if they had a second passing target for their QB.

Call it what you want, but it would be dumb not to ask him. He was easily one of the best tight ends this year. His productivity could be cut in half and still be in the top half of tight ends in the league. One more year for him to help out their young guys.

With that being said, I would love for him to come here. I would love for him to continue to play anywhere but Atlanta. I truly believe he will be one of those guys are gone, we will realize how much we miss him week in and week out.

Gonzales done. He will retire. Now that all the specs with the birds moving to LA i seriously doubt he want any parts of that.

LOL. If this was Jimmy Graham retiring at 36 after a 100 catch season, and Loomis talked him into staying we'd be gleeful and crediting Loomis with brilliant persuasion abilities.

When it's the Falcons attempting to fill a major offensive hole, it's a desperate move and lack of player concern.

Just admit what it is.....we are rooting for retirement of a still-productive Hall of Famer from a division rival, nothing more, nothing less. There is nothing immoral with asking Tony to play another season.

Well in Jimmy's case, the Saints would be prepared for his replacement, they would have drafted a good tightend to be groomed. Or do like the Pats and draft 2 quality TEs in same round

I'd cry from laughter if he made a statement, that he was taking his talents to Nola!

You know your franchise is terrible when the team is begging for a player not to retire (remember the Vikings?)

You have nothing more to prove Tony. Get out while you can still walk and play with your kids.

Gonzalez needs to let it go. He ain't winning a championship with them. If he is serious about getting a ring, ask for a release, and team up with Graham and Brees.

If he doesn't come to us, I hope he does retire, but after the draft. Because I know if the Falcons think there's a chance for him to come back, that they'll be stupid enough to not draft his successor. :hihi:

Tony Gonzales can play another season and he can play at high level once again but he should do what is best for him, if he think he want to retire then he should retire.

This season success will be hard to repeat since the Saints coach is back. Saints coach is back with new ideas and new ways to improve the team. Their chance was this season. He is smart player and he know that.

If the Falcons didn't win it this last season, then when will they? He should just retire. I can't count the number of times he has single-handedly bailed out Ryan with an amazing catch to keep a drive alive.

Not to mention, when Tony G. is gone, the extra defender that covers him will be put on Roddy push off, or Jones.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom