N/s Thomas recieves offer from Pats but will visit us on tuesday (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
The Patriots offered a contract to former Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas on Monday, reports NFL Network's Adam Schefter.
Thomas and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, visited New England on Monday and will continue negotiations with the team. Thomas is scheduled to visit with the New Orleans Saints on Tuesday.
The Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Denver Broncos, Buffalo Bills and New York Jets are also interested in bringing Thomas in for a visit.
<table class="standard_table" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="380"> <tbody><tr class="major_header"> <td colspan="3">Most seasons leading Dolphins in tackles</td> </tr> <tr> <th align="center">Player, piece of work.</th> <th align="center">Years</th> <th align="center">number</th> </tr> <tr class="ltblueback"> <td align="left">Zach Thomas, LB</td> <td align="left">1996-06</td> <td align="left">10</td> </tr> <tr class="whiteback"> <td align="left">Nick Buoniconti, LB</td> <td align="left">1969-76</td> <td align="left">5</td> </tr> <tr class="ltblueback"> <td align="left">Bryan Cox, LB</td> <td align="left">1991-95</td> <td align="left">4</td> </tr> <tr class="whiteback"> <td align="left">Steve Towle, LB</td> <td align="left">1975-80</td> <td align="left">3</td> </tr> <tr class="ltblueback"> <td align="left">John Offerdahl</td> <td align="left">1986-93</td> <td align="left">3</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Thomas, a seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker and one of the most popular and productive players ever to wear a Dolphins uniform, was cut Thursday, the biggest move yet in Miami's massive rebuilding project.
Thomas missed most of last season because of concussions and migraines and was placed on injured reserve against his wishes in December because of nagging migraines, an aftereffect of an Oct. 21 car crash.
The move is the second major salary slash this week by the Dolphins, who went 1-15 last season and subsequently brought in Bill Parcells to lead there building.
Miami trimmed about $9 million in 2008 base salary on Monday, when it parted ways with quarterback Trent Green, wide receiver Marty Booker and seven other players. Thomas was slated to make just over $5.6 million in base salary this coming season.
Thomas led the Dolphins in tackles 10 times, is the franchise's all-time leader in that category by a wide margin, and his 168 games is the most by any Miami defensive player.

let the games begin

you have to wonder if he and rosenbag are using us to drive up the price and interest......

i would be shocked if we were able to bring him in amidst that competition. we always lose these battles despite having tons of cash.

and btw, i think he could start in new england. seau is OUT and thomas is IN

he has the best opportunity to start here and make the playoffs and poss superbowl,either he wont start or he wont be in playoff contition with the other teams so maybe we have a chance

I think we have a shot. Let's wait and see. The Pat's can't have enough money to make a serious offer. We do, though admittedly I don't want to over spend on this. So offer him the chance at great money next year or the year after if he performs this year. Or build in escalators where a great season equals great money. I'm sure the biggest thing the Pats are offering is a chance to be a Pat. We'll see what's important to him when he decides. I'd guess that if they offered him anything worthwhile they must have decent confidence in his health.

some have argued that z.thomas would fit better in a 4-3 scheme, but based on reports that thomas has said he doesn't mind playing in either a 3-4 or a 4-3 scheme it sure sounds like he would rather be with a team like the pats. he also said he wants to go to a team he needs more than they need him?

this will not be a $$$ move for thomas. from those comments he is clearly trying to get on a team with the best chance to win a ring. unless loomis throws a boat load of cash i think he'll probably not sign with us. thomas is from here in tx so the cows might be more likely than us also....

as long as we draft ILB lofton i wouldn't care. :adrinka:

I'd remind him that he'd have to hear about 'Spygate" all year long with the Pats.

In New Orleans he'd be our Defensive General.

we need him so bad...but i seriously think he will take Seau's spot in N.E.

would u come here or go to the Pat's... seriously think bout it...here he won't win a ring, there he has a legit chance to..... not saying i don't think the saints won't have a good year, but come on guys... it's been 40 years and still no rings.....

would u come here or go to the Pat's... seriously think bout it...here he won't win a ring, there he has a legit chance to..... not saying i don't think the saints won't have a good year, but come on guys... it's been 40 years and still no rings.....

Think positively. We will make a great pitch to him and he knows that he will start for us.

Several wonderful things are about to start popping off for this wonderful organization.

I am worried that he might not be able to play a lot next year. He was having head injury issues most of last season... Those kinds of injuries can really put you down and are easy to have happen again. (See Trent Green)

I am worried that he might not be able to play a lot next year. He was having head injury issues most of last season... Those kinds of injuries can really put you down and are easy to have happen again. (See Trent Green)

(See Drew Brees). His throwing arm shoulder injury was one of the worst that Dr.Andrews had ever seen yet, he came to us and came in 2nd place for the MVP race and got us within 1 game of the Superbowl.

Think positively. We will make a great pitch to him and he knows that he will start for us.

Several wonderful things are about to start popping off for this wonderful organization.

i like the way you think Rob!!!! Always Positive, that's my kinda mentality..just hard to imagine him comin here over the Pat's but like you said... Positive Thoughts!!!!!

You should be a Coach man!!! ;)

i guess youre right

after all these years, more than 2 or 3 things have to go right, eventually..

:mad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom