N/S Titans don't Tag Jared Cook (1 Viewer)

Hmm, I wonder what's the over/under for how many people reply to this post with a simple "make it happen Loomis."

Hmm, I wonder what's the over/under for how many people reply to this post with a simple "make it happen Loomis."

Make it happen Loomis. As long as the price isn't that much. I don't think he'll get the type of money many think he will.

This is only relevant as it relates to Jimmy Graham's next contract. If Cook gets big money, it will escalate Graham's asking price.

I would love to see him replace Gonzalez in the ATL. He is an instant downgrade from Tony G.

This is only relevant as it relates to Jimmy Graham's next contract. If Cook gets big money, it will escalate Graham's asking price.

I would love to see him replace Gonzalez in the ATL. He is an instant downgrade from Tony G.

Why would you love to see him replace Tony? :covri: Dude is an all around beast. I would cut myself seeing Cook tear up or defense. :covri:

Have you seen Cook play or are you simply going off stats with the Titans scrub QBs?

Jared Cook Measurables
6'5" 248lb
25 years old
4.49 40 yard dash
39.5" vertical
35 3/4" arm length
10 1/4 inches hands
drafted 89th overall

This is very comparable to Jimmy Graham
6'6" 260lb
26 years old
4.53 40 yard dash
38.5" vertical
35" arm lenth
10 5/8" hands
drafted 95th overall

Jared Cook has never quite performed up to expectations with the Titans. I'd suspect it is because he struggled to get on the field prior to the 2011 season due to splitting time with Bo Scaife. In 2011 and 2012 he has suffered from very inconsistent QB play and a passing game that is built more around the WRs in the passing game.

While his performance wasn't up to expectations, it was hardly what I would call bad. Betweem the 2011-2012 seasons he had over 90 catches for more than 1300 yards. This kid is very athletic, has good hands, is a surprisingly good blocker and is just waiting for the right system and QB to explode.

Here are his highlights out of college since the NFL has gotten so anal about youtube videos.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A8x2pV7IoE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sDb79EAePss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know the argument against signing an offensive player in free agency with our cap issues but hear me out. Cook can probably be signed to a long term, cap friendly deal and the TE position is probably the most underpaid position in the NFL. We can probably get him for 5 year $20 million or something in that range. He would be a great compliment to Jimmy Graham and we would have Graham's replacement if he went down for any amount of time. Plus we could run some 2 TE sets which allow a huge amount of flexability in both the running and passing game. He is also 25 years old and a very gifted athlete which is never a bad thing to add.

So here is the kicker. If we signed him to a 4-5 year cap friendly deal we could get him to where it would count about $2 million against the cap this season with a low salary and nice signing bonus. I know we can't really afford $2 million for a 2nd TE but here is the best part. Dave Thomas is on the last year of his contract and will count $1.5 million against the cap. If we released Thomas he wouldn't leave any dead money. In other words, we can upgrade to cook for almost nothing.

I wonder if anyone ever said "make it happen Mueller" or "make it happen Kuharich" or "make it happen Finks" back in the day?

:scratch:

We would have the 2 most athletic tight ends in the league

We would have the 2 most athletic tight ends in the league

These two might have something to say :scratch:

hi-res-151650719_crop_exact.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom