N/S - Titans may look to trade Pacman Jones (2 Viewers)

You also have to ask how pac-mans presence on this team would affect the Saints defensive rebuilding effort.

Assume for just a second that we are willing to give up something for him and absorb the $4M left on the last 2 years of his contract. You also have to assume, as management, that he is a risk and still fill the remaining CB slots as if he wasn't there. If you don't have that level of depth and he gets suspended again (very likely based on his history) then you are left with a big hole again at the CB position severely damaging any progress made on the D this season..

So -

1. You still have to fill the CB holes with or without him since you cannot depend on his presence.
  2. You still have to take a sizable CAP hit, reducing the amount of money to use at other positions.
  3. You have to wonder abut his conditioning and ability to play at a high level after sitting out a full year.
  4. You have the risk of a disruptive influence in the locker room, especially as it relates to young players just coming onto the team..

So just what do you gain by having him on the roster? Not much. And you still have to build the roster as if he was not there. So why take the chance and sign him? The gamble just isn't worth it, IMO. Odds are significantly against it working out. I'd much rather we spend our money and draft choices elsewhere...

Besides, I wouldn't want a player like him on my team if I were making the decisions. Thankfully for the team and fans, I don't make those decisions. :hihi:

Ok, let's assume that the Titans are unsuccessful trading Pacman. Trading Pacman means that the team making the trade has to assume Pacman's contract. And I don't see any team willing to take on Pacman's rookie contract under the circumstances.

imo, any team that accepts Pacman onto their team, would do so only on a year to year basis. I just don't see any team providing him with guaranteed money, at least for the next couple of years.

So really the question becomes, should that Saints bring Pacman in on a year to year basis. Personally, I still say the answer should be no, but the decision to bring him in year to year is not nearly so clear-cut. Reasonable people could definitely make the argument that Pacman's talent would supercede his personal issues on a year to year, low risk contract.

This is a great post and until i read it i had already made up mind to keep him as far away from anything to do with black and gold as possible hell i didn't even want a helmet on him i still don't but you can't deny his talent the man is good, he's just got criminal written all over him though, But a year to year contract with some very stiff stipulations would be very satisfactory, and we can bring in someone young to train up as well and watch his talent on the field (Not off the field).

You also have to ask how pac-mans presence on this team would affect the Saints defensive rebuilding effort.

Assume for just a second that we are willing to give up something for him and absorb the $4M left on the last 2 years of his contract. You also have to assume, as management, that he is a risk and still fill the remaining CB slots as if he wasn't there. If you don't have that level of depth and he gets suspended again (very likely based on his history) then you are left with a big hole again at the CB position severely damaging any progress made on the D this season..

So -
  1. You still have to fill the CB holes with or without him since you cannot depend on his presence.
  2. You still have to take a sizable CAP hit, reducing the amount of money to use at other positions.
  3. You have to wonder abut his conditioning and ability to play at a high level after sitting out a full year.
  4. You have the risk of a disruptive influence in the locker room, especially as it relates to young players just coming onto the team..
So just what do you gain by having him on the roster? Not much. And you still have to build the roster as if he was not there. So why take the chance and sign him? The gamble just isn't worth it, IMO. Odds are significantly against it working out. I'd much rather we spend our money and draft choices elsewhere...

Besides, I wouldn't want a player like him on my team if I were making the decisions. Thankfully for the team and fans, I don't make those decisions. :hihi:

I really like what you wrote and agree 100 %. He has had so many chances and has proven over and over again that he doesn't learn. Even if we signed him, I bet he would not play 4 games next year before being in trouble.

I can assure you that the only way Tennessee even considers sending him our way is if they get Colston in return. Not worth it.

the way some of our CBs performed this year I'd be willing to try Pacman if the price is right. this is a "win now!" league and let's face it the guy is one of the best CBs going. plus it doesn't hurt that he is an above avg kick returner.

we need an attitude on our defense, something we havn't had in quite some time! this guy brings that. Mckenzie is on his last leg now that he tore up the other one. mannn i'd take him on my team. real talk.

He was on his way to becoming one of the best cb's in the league...until he got suspended. He's been out of football for a year, so there's no telling how well he'll play once he gets back, especially at the beginning. He also doesn't seem to have any remorse for what he did, which means he could very easily do something stupid again and get banned for good.

Trust me, the phrase "attitude on defense" is not referencing Pac Man Jones' attitude.

He would be pumping money into our community.So its a win-win.

Yes, the Saints should spend a draft pick and pay millions of dollars to a guy who will pump a little cash into our strip clubs (provided he doesn't try to get it back after making it rain). That is win-win.

What has Jones done other than cause trouble on and off the field. If we're gonna take a gamble on a player, I say we gamble on the guy like Al Wilson.

Pac-Man = Phil Buchanan with a MONSTER personality flaw. Why trade for a guy when we could sign a better player in free agency.

RD%20Daria%20umm%20no.jpg

keep-out.jpg
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...=/images?q=keep+out&gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=G

Last edited:
If this guy isn't a thug then we should just quit using the word altogether

no more NFL talk.. this guy should be done, end of discussion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom