N/S Tony Dorsett Rips Romo (1 Viewer)

Mojomajik9

Team Gleason
Reaction score
I heard that conversation. I wouldn't say say ripped him, he just said what most have been saying since 07.

I am certainly no Cowboys sympathizer, but I do feel for Tony Romo. He is a good person (taking a homeless man to the movies/lunch, helping an elderly couple change a tire on the side of the road, etc.) but he is really under the microscope because of his media market and the Cowboys' history. If he had gone just about anywhere else (i.e., not NY or NE) then he'd be able to develop, taking his bruises, and not have people gunning for him when he fails.

But he knew what he was getting into when he signed with the Cowboys. Careful what you wish for :)

I agree... dude played like 9 games as was put into the pro bowl (in 06)... what a joke.

All of DFW hates the dude... its funny as hell to me.

I like Tony Romo because he causes pain and suffering to Cowboys fans.

I am certainly no Cowboys sympathizer, but I do feel for Tony Romo. He is a good person (taking a homeless man to the movies/lunch, helping an elderly couple change a tire on the side of the road, etc.) but he is really under the microscope because of his media market and the Cowboys' history. If he had gone just about anywhere else (i.e., not NY or NE) then he'd be able to develop, taking his bruises, and not have people gunning for him when he fails.

But he knew what he was getting into when he signed with the Cowboys. Careful what you wish for :)

I agree. Romo is not a great quarterback, but I would like him a lot more if he wasn't a Cowboy. But he is, so **** him.

I think the Cowboys are going to implode earlier than usual this year. :9:

What has Tony Romo ever really done? He's lost nearly ever big game he's ever played in. He's a media manufactured star. I suppose the media wanted him to be the next Tom Brady but he's no where close to it. Heck, he's not even close to being the best QB in the NFC...

Brees
McNabb
Manning
Farve
Ryan
Delhome
Cutler
Warner
Hasselbeck

all these guys have done more than Romo has...and thats in the last 3 years that Romo has played.

He is Aaron Brooks, great ability, wildly inconsistent

Romo's not that bad. Seriously, Payton saw something in him to force the Cowboys to sign him in the first place and he tried to trade for him in '06. The problem with Romo is his star went too high too fast and he got a big fat contract. As they say up here in DFW, he's not the kid throwing the football through a tire all offseason now. He's partying in Hollywood, playing in more golf events than Tiger Woods, chasing broads, etc. He's not putting in the work needed to be at a higher level and it shows.

Romo's not that bad. Seriously, Payton saw something in him to force the Cowboys to sign him in the first place and he tried to trade for him in '06. The problem with Romo is his star went too high too fast and he got a big fat contract. As they say up here in DFW, he's not the kid throwing the football through a tire all offseason now. He's partying in Hollywood, playing in more golf events than Tiger Woods, chasing broads, etc. He's not putting in the work needed to be at a higher level and it shows.
Nail meet head. Now I don't begrudge anybody having some fun in the off-season. But while Drew was here most of the off-season working, Romo was out having a good time. He's got ability but I don't think he has recognized yet how much work it really takes to stay on top of your game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom