N/S Tony Romo just got PAID (1 Viewer)

Damn Mike... I'm gonna have to not agree with you on this one. If I can totally disregard what you or any other man gets paid, then you damn sure should be able to do the same.

If you think the owners make too much, or the league, or Roger... I'm there with you buddy. But Romo just did what every football player in the league does... He sold his services to the highest bidder.

Actually, he may not of even done that. Reportedly ESPN was going to offer him near $20M/year, but CBS asked him how much it would take for him to sign. He said $17M and they got the deal done.

The market determines your price tag.

If there's a demand for your services, your price goes up. CBS had to shell out this kind of money to avoid Romo getting poached by ESPN. (or at the very least give him the minimum required amount for him to stay)

Simple economics.

Can we get Kevin Harlan play by play and Romo color? Would that be too much energy? Of course not! That should be the superbowl duo. Those two guys are genuinely jacked about football and make the games exciting. Joe buck and troy make me fall asleep. They are living proof that Ai can take over the jobs of announcing sports.
I love Harlan, he's my favorite pbp.

But yeah the chemistry with Nance is perfect and they are the perfect team.

The market determines your price tag.

If there's a demand for your services, your price goes up. CBS had to shell out this kind of money to avoid Romo getting poached by ESPN. (or at the very least give him the minimum required amount for him to stay)

Simple economics.

From what I have read, Romo did not even give “BSPN” a chance to bid higher, Romo made it known that he wanted to stay at CBS. And....who could blame him, for not wanting to go to that mess over at BSPN?

You would think the players would be HAPPY to find out there's a way to make EVEN MORE money after they retire.

Jesus H. Christ! This man is being paid more than he could get from an NFL team to actually play the game and all he has to do for the game he's calling is read the defense, drop a hint of what play would typically be successful against that formation in a folksy "That Romo is just one of the guys" way and he commands $Bazillion to do so.

He owes Sean Payton just as much, if not more so, for his successful career as a commentator as he does a QB.

Don't spend it all on hookers and blow, Tony, and you should be fine. But if you find yourself in a situation where you've got to be clutch, audible and hand it over to Nantz for the win.

Why so salty toward Romo? You make it sound like he didn't earn this in the least and Nantz is a forkin bum anyway so it's weird, if not completely incorrect, to act like he has any sort of edge on Romo in that arena. You're making it sound like he should be barred from making good money as an announcer simply because he didn't have an NFL career that lived up to your expectations. Never mind the fact that the overwhelming majority of people agree that it's Jerruh who's the boat anchor stalling that team's progress and not any specific players.

Some of y'all are down right comical with the lengths you'll go to voice your Cowboy hatred.

Thomas not happy about it..

I guess alot of these players think there's just endless money for them to get paid? Like they can't see their own greediness is what's hurting the lower salaried players more than anything?

This is coming from a guy who already makes more $ than 90% of the players in the league!!

I love Mike and everything but come on dude!!:covri:

I've never made $100,000,000. So I really can't say Mike's wrong for feeling this way. Maybe being ridiculously rich makes you jealous of othersgetting rich. Maybe it makes you feel you have the right to be Petty. IDK.

In the middle of very tough negotiations, CBS reached out to Peyton Manning to see if he wanted the job, knowing they could pay him considerably less. He turned it down after careful consideration. But yeah we almost got Romo replaced with Peyton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom