N/S Tony Romo just got PAID (1 Viewer)

This is dumb as hell of him to say when he's making $20M a year. You can't get PAID and then try to posture like you have a bleeding heart for all the "underpaid" players since no player realistically needs more than $20M to last them an entire lifetime even if they ended up having to deal with a terminal illness. And for him to use something as apples and oranges as comparing their pay rates to announcers isn't just dumb, it's D-U-M, DUM.

And then he kind of alludes that he wants more..

Jesus H. Christ! This man is being paid more than he could get from an NFL team to actually play the game and all he has to do for the game he's calling is read the defense, drop a hint of what play would typically be successful against that formation in a folksy "That Romo is just one of the guys" way and he commands $Bazillion to do so.

He owes Sean Payton just as much, if not more so, for his successful career as a commentator as he does a QB.

Don't spend it all on hookers and blow, Tony, and you should be fine. But if you find yourself in a situation where you've got to be clutch, audible and hand it over to Nantz for the win.

Only reason I didn’t like him as a player was that he had a star on his helmet, but from everything I’ve read about him, he’s a good dude. And he just happens to be the best color guy in the business. Very happy for him! Wish he’d do ever Saints game but I know that’s asking too much.

glad to hear! already one of my favorite commentators!

Don't spend it all on hookers and blow, Tony, and you should be fine. But if you find yourself in a situation where you've got to be clutch, audible and hand it over to Nantz for the win.

You know who spends their money on hookers and blow? Whoever can afford to... that's who.

Thomas not happy about it..

I guess alot of these players think there's just endless money for them to get paid? Like they can't see their own greediness is what's hurting the lower salaried players more than anything?

Damn Mike... I'm gonna have to not agree with you on this one. If I can totally disregard what you or any other man gets paid, then you damn sure should be able to do the same.

If you think the owners make too much, or the league, or Roger... I'm there with you buddy. But Romo just did what every football player in the league does... He sold his services to the highest bidder.

“Now HERE’s a guy...”

I kid, I kid :hihi:

giphy.gif

This is dumb as hell of him to say when he's making $20M a year. You can't get PAID and then try to posture like you have a bleeding heart for all the "underpaid" players since no player realistically needs more than $20M to last them an entire lifetime even if they ended up having to deal with a terminal illness. And for him to use something as apples and oranges as comparing their pay rates to announcers isn't just dumb, it's D-U-M, DUM.
Yeah, I usually agree with Mike...but I believe that he's wrong on this.

I'd give my left nut to have him and Al Michaels as a duo.

Can we get Kevin Harlan play by play and Romo color? Would that be too much energy? Of course not! That should be the superbowl duo. Those two guys are genuinely jacked about football and make the games exciting. Joe buck and troy make me fall asleep. They are living proof that Ai can take over the jobs of announcing sports.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom