N/S Tony Romo's Long-Term Extension "Imminent" (1 Viewer)

sacrosaint

All-Pro
Reaction score
Cowboy fans are stuck with Jerry and Tony.

"ESPN Dallas' Todd Archer reports a long-term extension between the Cowboys and Tony Romo is 'imminent.'

The deal could be finalized within "hours." The Romo extension would not only lock in a player the Cowboys have deemed their franchise passer long term, it would free up cap space for Dallas to pursue second- and third-wave free agents. We're interested to see how much money the Cowboys are willing to guarantee a 33-year-old quarterback who hasn't led Dallas to the playoffs since '09."

Source Rotoworld

Per Schefter: "Cowboys and Tony Romo reached an agreement on blockbuster 6-year extension that makes him highest paid player in team history, per sources."

Hahahahahahaha

Adam Schefter is saying it's a 6 year deal and roughly 17-18 mil per year so less than Brees and Flacco

@AdamSchefter: And here are the numbers: Dallas is giving QB Tony Romo a six-year extension worth $108 million, per sources.

black-guys-laughing

It's almost as dumb as giving Sanchez his extension. No, nothing comes close to that kind of stupidity.

Cowboy fans are stuck with Jerry and Tony.

"ESPN Dallas' Todd Archer reports a long-term extension between the Cowboys and Tony Romo is 'imminent.'

The deal could be finalized within "hours." The Romo extension would not only lock in a player the Cowboys have deemed their franchise passer long term, it would free up cap space for Dallas to pursue second- and third-wave free agents. We're interested to see how much money the Cowboys are willing to guarantee a 33-year-old quarterback who hasn't led Dallas to the playoffs since '09."

Source Rotoworld

This is pretty crummy, really. I think they should have paid him twice as much. Whatever they pay him to guarantee continued lack of success in Dallas isn't enough.

Jerry Jones has got to be one of the dumbest owners in any professional sports. Nomo is 33 yrs old and they are still waiting on that frachise play that they are over paying him for. It's hilarious! Oh but wait....this is Dallas' year....right? Bahhahahaha!

As more time passes and more of these huge contracts are given to B or C grade QBs, the happier it makes me to know we have Drew locked up for the rest of his career. I was very concerned about Drew's contract and how it would affect our salary cap in the future. Now it looks like a lot of teams will have the same cap issues but inferior QBs. This makes me happy:

Cowboys = Probable cap hell due to Romo's contract
Packers = Possible cap hell due to Rodgers' contract
Falcons = Certain cap hell due to Ryan's future contract

So far only one post-season win in his career. 6-year deal potentially keeps him in Dallas until he's 39. Jerry Jones and Tony Romo remain in a death spiral.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom