N/S: Trufant might hit the market? (1 Viewer)

Sounds like Trufant may hit the market afterall. That would be sweet to be able to land him. He looks very aggressive to me. We need someone like him on defense.

The only point y'all have proven is that the Saints will pay money for a player who's not recognized as a top player at his position, but rather a top positional player in free agency which has nothing to do with what I've been saying.

Man you're really splitting hairs on this one.

Yeah, Florence doesn't look too good. Maybe as a #3 or #4 CB, I would take him.

Hopefully, our target CB is Trufant. He is a man-to-man to CB, and he won't command much money as Samuels will.

I would take Florence right now if we can't get Samuel or Truffant. I would rather have Cromartie too, but he's entering the third year of his original 5 year contract. Florence had a good game against the Colts, and the reason he hasn't shone this season is he's had to play beside good corners like Cromartie and Jammer (who would be a good choice too). I think he and Jammer both have one year left on their original contracts.

Last edited:
"Projected cap space: $6.6 million. The Seahawks clearly overpaid running back Shaun Alexander ($6.8 million cap figure) and backup tackle Tom Ashworth ($2.6 million) when signing both in 2006. Seattle also is on the hook for $4.7 million in "dead money" for defensive end Grant Wistrom, who retired before the start of last season. Pro Bowl cornerback Marcus Trufant, wide receiver D.J. Hackett, kicker Josh Brown, defensive tackle Chuck Darby and right tackle Sean Locklear are the main figures in an 11-member class of potential unrestricted free agents."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7678348

They have huge money tied up in Hasselbeck, Alexander, Walter Jones, Julian Peterson, Deion Branch and Rocky Bernard. Even Nate Burleson's contract is significant. They may have to trust their high draft pick corners

I can see them letting some guys go but with only 6.6 million (which is just a number until incentives are figured out) they may have to make a tough decision with a guy like Trufant.

Update

Holmgren sounded optimistic that the club will re-sign, or at least retain, Pro Bowl cornerback Marcus Trufant. "Marcus is going to be a Seahawk," Holmgren said. "He should be a Seahawk. This is where he should be for his entire career." Trufant is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March. If unable to sign Trufant to a long-term contract, the club can use its franchise tag on him. ...
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/347488_hbok16.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom