N/S: (video) Charley Casserly likes how well Patriots' defense lines up vs. Falcons (1 Viewer)

Ryan is playing very confident ball right now. With Freeman and Coleman behind him, defenses can't pin their ears at him. To me, the real question is how do you keep Freeman and Coleman in check while rattling Ryan out of his game? I think the Patriots secondary can match up with the wideouts. Atlanta literally has every option available. Thankfully you have one of the smartest coaches in history tasked with taking them down. Unfortunately, Matt Ryan is not Cam Newton.

Ryan is a class act, but something about his face makes me despise him. Maybe its the red shirts he wears all the time.

I think Mr. Casserly and the rest of the Pats loving world will be surprised. Not sure how he thinks the 255lb linebackers the Patriots play will run with the ATL rbs.

I also do not see how the secondary matches up well with all the options either. We shall see. Same can be said for ATL secondary and Pats wr corps.

I think Mr. Casserly and the rest of the Pats loving world will be surprised. Not sure how he thinks the 255lb linebackers the Patriots play will run with the ATL rbs.

I also do not see how the secondary matches up well with all the options either. We shall see. Same can be said for ATL secondary and Pats wr corps.

I agree. LeVeon Bell led the NFL in receiving yards per game this season.

Oh wait, Pats held them to 17 points last week.

The Pats may get beat but they wont get beat because of poor game planning.

The Falcons are going to have to gamble some and try to fool the Pats defense because they are going to know everything the Falcons will want to do. Oh, the Pats don't play stupid defense very often.

Pats have the best statistical defense in the NFL. They'll stop the Falcons some. Question then becomes, will the Falcons shaky defense be able to stop the Pats enough? Doubt it.

Think the Pats win this one easily.

I bet a small fortune the Broncos would beat the Seahawks a few years ago. I learned mt lesson. The better defense usually wins Super Bowls.

Bill Bellichick > Dan Quinn

Oh wait, Pats held them to 17 points last week

I'm not really sure this comparison between the Steelers and Falcons holds much water. While Bell is a very good receiving back, he's not quite the same matchup as Freeman and Coleman, specifically Freeman who possesses a lot of speed and short area burst. Bell is big, shifty, and runs pretty good routes, but has a body type that is easier to cover as a LB.

But that's not why I bring this up. I bring this up because Bell, being the great RB/WR he is, got injured very early on in that game. Pats held Williams and Company to 17 pts, not Bell - a Steelers offense that didn't have nearly as many healthy alternative weapons as Atlanta has right now. It's much easier to scheme to shut down a singular player when you can afford to. With Atlanta, the Kyle Van Noy will have his hands full trying to cover Freeman out of the backfield in all that green space Julio provides (Brown is an easier matchup for Butler), while Gabriel runs a crossing route and their TE sits on a zone.

Oh wait, Pats held them to 17 points last week.

The Pats may get beat but they wont get beat because of poor game planning.

The Falcons are going to have to gamble some and try to fool the Pats defense because they are going to know everything the Falcons will want to do. Oh, the Pats don't play stupid defense very often.

Pats have the best statistical defense in the NFL. They'll stop the Falcons some. Question then becomes, will the Falcons shaky defense be able to stop the Pats enough? Doubt it.

Think the Pats win this one easily.

Bell played a whole 3 downs that game. Can't wait to see your reaction when we beat these sideline recording fools 35-21.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom