N/S - Vikings Update (1 Viewer)

When I look at the North this season, I believe that division will beat it's self up this year. Vikings no doubt have to talent to do damage, if Trubisky takes a leap they could repeat as division champs, Detroit is going to a power run game which should take some pressure off Stafford who can sling it, and A-ARon is still around.
I can see two teams from the North making the playoffs this season.

I agree that the NFC North will be very interesting to watch.

If the Vikings can get back to a defense first team, Cousins can be a very effective game I manager with a few surprises up his sleeve. The have been far worse quarterbacks that have Super Bowl rings as starters

I didn't follow it closely last year but I had the feeling that the football gods were kind to Da Bears last year. Even when I thought, "Now adversity has hit them," they didn't have to make any adjustments. It was just plug and go. I don't think that can last. They're not that deep. When real adversity hits them, then we'll really see what kind of coach and character they have

Lions are still trying to out live Paper Tiger Perennially they are better on paper than they are on the field. I stopped saying, "This year they're going to put it together and play to their potential" over a decade ago. It's always wait and see with Detroit and if they start to look good this year, history says they'll go in the toilet next.

By far the most interesting to me is Green Bay. If a disgruntled Aaron Rodgers doesn't send that team down the toilet, I will be really really impressed with Matt LeFleur.

If the Vikings can get back to a defense first team, Cousins can be a very effective game I manager with a few surprises up his sleeve. The have been far worse quarterbacks that have Super Bowl rings as starters

I didn't follow it closely last year but I had the feeling that the football gods were kind to Da Bears last year. Even when I thought, "Now adversity has hit them," they didn't have to make any adjustments. It was just plug and go. I don't think that can last. They're not that deep. When real adversity hits them, then we'll really see what kind of coach and character they have

Lions are still trying to out live Paper Tiger Perennially they are better on paper than they are on the field. I stopped saying, "This year they're going to put it together and play to their potential" over a decade ago. It's always wait and see with Detroit and if they start to look good this year, history says they'll go in the toilet next.

By far the most interesting to me is Green Bay. If a disgruntled Aaron Rodgers doesn't send that team down the toilet, I will be really really impressed with Matt LeFleur.

Lions are the north's tampa.

Love the bit about A-Rod and LaFleur!

Hey Vikes guy - Pls answer a Vike question for me. Thx in advance.

Dalvin Cook is going insanely high in Fantasy Football drafts based on his past experience. No doubt that Cook is an extremely talented and disruptive RB. But 2 things 1) He has been unable to stay healthy 2) The Vikes O-line has been pretty bad, especially last year. Have you guys improved the O-line and is there some certainty that Cook will stay more healthy this year? Thanks very much - Dan

Gladly.

Dalvin Cook is a talented runner, but last year's change of offense did little to help him, and health has been an issue. He is the RB we picked over Kamara, so when healthy, some think he can do what Kamara can. Probably not quite the pass catcher, but maybe more of an edge on power running, but in either case, very similar both running and catching. The Vikings brought in Kubiak (former Denver coach) and we are switching to a "zone blocking" scheme. (I don't understand blocking schemes that well).

But evidently what we are hearing is that a zone blocking scheme can make even the most idiotic offensive lineman functional because it simplifies their tasks.

So between going back to Stefanski, Zimmer's wanting to run, and the hiring of Kubiak, visions of Terrell Davis repeatedly cracking 9 yard gains, leading the Broncos to a Super Bowl are bouncing through the most optimistic Vikings fan's heads.

He has top 5 potential, but I'd take a known quantity over him.

When I look at the North this season, I believe that division will beat it's self up this year. Vikings no doubt have to talent to do damage, if Trubisky takes a leap they could repeat as division champs, Detroit is going to a power run game which should take some pressure off Stafford who can sling it, and A-ARon is still around.
I can see two teams from the North making the playoffs this season.

I agree. Not sure which ones, but one will be 10-6, and another 9-7 both playing WC weekend.

As Lizzo would say: "New man on the Minnesota Vikings". Who are y'all excited about the most?

I think most people are excited about possibly seeing Cousins with time to hit Diggs and Theilen deep more often, or quality play from our new rookie TE.

Key stat, after scoring about a TD per game, Theilen hasn't scored a TD since Stefanski took over play calling.

Turning Cousins into a highly efficient game manager is the goal. Vikings would like to win 21-13 games where we suck up 12 minutes per drive.

Trubisky doesn't put up stats, and I don't think he's that lucky. He just has good game sense. (What Cousins lacks). But I don't think he's ever going to be a gunslinger.
The reason I would guess the Bears don't win the division this year is that they won't win the turnover battle to the degree they did last year. That will be really hard to replicate.

I've been waiting for Detroit to emerge for several seasons as well. I'll start worrying about them if they start 6-0 and start taking them seriously then.

Green Bay will always have a chance to outscore teams as long as they have Aaron Rodgers. Fortunately, he's 35 now, and Super Bowls are usually won by QB's who are younger than that. (or named Brady).

I like the Vikings to win their division. I think they have a better offense and overall more talent than Chicago. I think Green Bay is an average team and Detroit a below-average one which will have a new coach in 2020.

@VikesFan2017 If you could would you trade Kirk Cousins for Teddy Bridgewater?

We love Teddy, but no.
After this season I may reconsider considering the different price points.

Cousins is more accurate on deep balls, but Teddy might have a better game feel. But the main reason why is I couldn't stomach to see Teddy's knee go again, and I think the Vikings feel there was some risk there. I couldn't bare to see it if watching a Vikings game live.

I hope the best for Teddy. I cried when he got back into a game after his injury before we let him sign elsewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom