N/S, Vince Young had very impressive Pro Day (1 Viewer)

If Jay Cutler and Carson Palmer are considered legit starting pro quarterbacks then I don't really see an issue with Vince being given another shot. To start at that.

If Jay Cutler and Carson Palmer are considered legit starting pro quarterbacks then I don't really see an issue with Vince being given another shot. To start at that.

Jay Cutler isn't really that bad and Palmer was a pretty good QB in Cinci. To me he was way overrated with the Titans and should not start for nobody.

I thought this was a throw back post from the title

Jay Cutler isn't really that bad and Palmer was a pretty good QB in Cinci. To me he was way overrated with the Titans and should not start for nobody.

If they are starters or starter material, so is VY.

VY: 31-19 (62%) record, 3.5 td%, 3.9 int%, 6.0 sack%

Cutler: 51-42 (54%) record, 4.6 td%, 3.4 int%, 6.3 sack%

Palmer: 46-51 (47%) record in Cincy, 4.6 td%, 3.2 int%, 4.7 sack%

In related news...

Uncle Rico Has Very Impressive Pro Day

Uncle Rico sat out all of the 2012 NFL season after teams decided to pass on his services after he was benched his senior year in 1983. Rico has financial issues he needs to resolve, and really needs to get in the league.

Today Rico started his climb back to respectability and a possible roster spot by working out at the Texas Longhorns Pro Day on Tuesday afternoon because Mack Brown was the only coach in the nation willing to give time to washed up, overrated, QBs with overinflated sense of self worth.

According to The Ocho and other notable outlets, Rico reportedly was quite impressive today as he put his skills on display. Around The League via Gil Brandt is reporting that Rico looked magnificent today. Brandt was more effusive in his praise, saying Rico “put on a show” and was “magnificent” passing the ball in the pocket and on the run. Brandt touted Rico’s accuracy; a few of his long tosses to Texas high schooler and social exile, Napolean Dynamite, drew “oohs” and “aahs” from the crowd.

Rico himself thinks he performed ok and laments what could've been had NFL teams really given him a chance. "How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?" he asked Brandt, as he pointed his finger vaguely toward the mountainless distance. The CBS reporter reached into his pocket and pulled out a Dunkin Donuts receipt, a Houston toll road token, and some lint before shaking his head. Undeterred, Rico continued, "Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind."

Teams are still going to be apprehensive about bringing him, well, because he's nuts.
unclerico.jpg

Vince would never fit in this system. Bread excels at the quick read through his options and strike. From the limited amount I saw from VY, he was not that style of QB. If someone is looking for a more deliberate QB, able to get out of the pocket and move with a really strong running game he can still be successful I'm sure. But in Payton's quick strike offense no way.

If they are starters or starter material, so is VY.

VY: 31-19 (62%) record, 3.5 td%, 3.9 int%, 6.0 sack%

Cutler: 51-42 (54%) record, 4.6 td%, 3.4 int%, 6.3 sack%

Palmer: 46-51 (47%) record in Cincy, 4.6 td%, 3.2 int%, 4.7 sack%

Why? He throws less TD's, more INT's, and is sacked almost as much as Cutler, the king of getting sacked.

Anyone still holding onto VY's "winning %" is kidding themselves.

Any team would have to be off their meds to sign this guy.

I don't care how athletic he looked in shorts.

Yep, he has shown nothing but potential, immaturity, and borderline mental illness. I would rather have Kilpatrick or some such QB.

Why? He throws less TD's, more INT's, and is sacked almost as much as Cutler, the king of getting sacked.

Anyone still holding onto VY's "winning %" is kidding themselves.

There goes the moving goalpost. Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that he can't "win you a championship" so he shouldn't be considered. I don't think Cutler or Palmer are winning 'ships any time soon. Look I am not saying the kid is going to be an All Pro or the next feel good story and become Super Bowl MVP. But, in a league that considers Jay Cutler "starter material" then I don't see an issue with a needing team giving a starting gig to VY. Cutler does all those things "better" and yet loses more games. Why is winning % glossed over? That is the most important stat...wins. When he played, he won. With arguably less talent then Cutler has had in Denver and Chicago. Definitely less talent than Palmer had in Cincy. If Cutler can legitametly start for the Bears, VY can't legitametly start for the Bills, Raiders, Jags? Why? Because Cutler throws a "prettier" ball and "stays in the pocket"?

There goes the moving goalpost. Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that he can't "win you a championship" so he shouldn't be considered. I don't think Cutler or Palmer are winning 'ships any time soon. Look I am not saying the kid is going to be an All Pro or the next feel good story and become Super Bowl MVP. But, in a league that considers Jay Cutler "starter material" then I don't see an issue with a needing team giving a starting gig to VY. Cutler does all those things "better" and yet loses more games. Why is winning % glossed over? That is the most important stat...wins. When he played, he won. With arguably less talent then Cutler has had in Denver and Chicago. Definitely less talent than Palmer had in Cincy. If Cutler can legitametly start for the Bears, VY can't legitametly start for the Bills, Raiders, Jags? Why? Because Cutler throws a "prettier" ball and "stays in the pocket"?

Unless you can draw a correlation between throwing less TD's, throwing more INT's, and winning % then this is a pointless argument.

Few teams are going to hang their season on a guy who "just wins" but actually sucks while doing it because that points to other factors propping up his winning %.

In the meantime he's injury prone and has mental issues as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom