N/S: Warrick Dunn = Still very angry at Petrino (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
When I read stories like this, I am certainly glad that we have Payton, Loomis & Co.

Flip the coin to Hotlanta: Vick in the "doghouse," Petrino's coaching, and before him ---Jim Mora Jr's antics... and etc... you get the picture. :covri:

Link: http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008...at-bobby-petrino-is-a/?ncid=NWS00010000000001

The Saints' FO and coaching staff are not perfect, but I think our franchise is moving in the right direction. Again, stories like the one Dunn described make you really appreciate where the Saints are going.

:gosaints:

PS: Yes, I realize Dunn is back with the Bucs. :cool:

Warrick Dunn is a class act and I would probably feel the same way. Petrino sounds like he was a real piece of work.

I am more on the fence on this one.

Like many good college coaches, when coaching the pros realized he did not have the makeup to deal with the inmates running the asylum. Some coaches do have what it takes in that environment, and some even prosper. But once you know its never going to work out, why hang on? You are doing yourself and the team a disservice.

You don't quit on your team!!!!!

No Coach should ever do that.....especially not in a sport that only has 16 games....

If you guys remember Petrino was up for the LSU job when Miles was hired. As I have heard the story, Petrino was a cocky young coach who Skip Bertman practically threw out of his office during the interview. Obviously Skip wasn't wrong.

It sounds like Petrino was the inmate running the asylum, the not the players.

If you guys remember Petrino was up for the LSU job when Miles was hired. As I have heard the story, Petrino was a cocky young coach who Skip Bertman practically threw out of his office during the interview. Obviously Skip wasn't wrong.

I got a chuckle out of your avatar.

I just finished reading Morten A's book and he wrote almost the same thing as Dunn was saying in that interview .Morten also told the same things when I met him a month ago..

He said that Petrino rarely talked to the players and were almost never in the lockeroom. He also said that Petrino lacked even the most basic social and communicative skills. Most of what Dunn said in that interview has already been said by Morten and several other Falcons players and I don't think it is a question of spoiled rich athletes since it is very out of character for either Morten or Dunn to make comments like that. They must have been seriously **********

I say this in the nicest possible way. Chaos and despair in Falcon's land:
Woo Hooo Yee Haw!

I'm surprised there isn't a "freemikevick.com" movement/website.

Is there one?

That didn't give him the right to lie to his boss and quit on his team, but if he had resigned after the season -- and not immediately after a Week 14 Monday night beatdown -- I'm guessing people would've been more understanding.

Who gave them that beatdown again?:hmm:

unless dunn is showing the same anger for Vic who got himself arrested and hurt the entire franchise, I could care less. petrino took the best offer for him and his family, wow, let's hang the guy. professional athletes never do that. then dunn goes and signs with a division rival (atlanta to tampa), I best some falcon fans are saying the same thing about him.

unless dunn is showing the same anger for Vic who got himself arrested and hurt the entire franchise, I could care less. petrino took the best offer for him and his family, wow, let's hang the guy. professional athletes never do that. then dunn goes and signs with a division rival (atlanta to tampa), I best some falcon fans are saying the same thing about him.

Division rival? Yeah: the same team that originally drafted him. :idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom