N/S Commanders buys land in middle of nowhere Virginia for their new stadium.Update: Virginia backs out of the deal. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Another DC staduim in the middle of nowhere for the most miserable football experience in America. Atleast you won't have sewer lines break on you while watching the game, I suppose.

Screenshot_20220523-155144_Maps.jpg

Yikes..

That’s why it's important to build a stadium in a downtown consumer focused environment where you have options to go spend your time else where. The big problem with FedEx and Woodbridge... Is that you got nothing to do but go home after a game. So, you're forced to join 70,000 people in a race car derby immediately post game.

It's funny because FedEx Field was also in the middle of nowhere and Woodbridge has no public transit at the moment.

Property in the DC area is at a premium. I would imagine that is basically the same reason why the Jets and Giants actually play in NJ... I know the trip to MetLife isn't a real picknick for NY fans having to commute from the outer Burows.

Another DC staduim in the middle of nowhere for the most miserable football experience in America. Atleast you won't have sewer lines break on you while watching the game, I suppose.

Screenshot_20220523-155144_Maps.jpg

Yikes..

That’s why it's important to build a stadium in a downtown consumer focused environment where you have options to go spend your time else where. The big problem with FedEx and Woodbridge... Is that you got nothing to do but go home after a game. So, you're forced to join 70,000 people in a race car derby immediately post game.

It's funny because FedEx Field was also in the middle of nowhere and Woodbridge has no public transit at the moment.
Woodbridge?

OMG.

That stretch of 395/95 is miserable. Also a giant traffic jam on weekends.

Clearly the dumbest franchise in history.

Woodbridge?

OMG.

That stretch of 395/95 is miserable. Also a giant traffic jam on weekends.

Clearly the dumbest franchise in history.
Indeed. A few short years ago the stretch of I-95 from the beltway to just outside Fredericksburg, which includes this location, was ranked the worst traffic hotspot in America. Having driven there on a holiday weekend (it was an unavoidable wedding), I agree.

I'm sure the dream is to build a Foxboro with a giant retail/entertainment complex around it to drive extra income.

IF they built infrastructure such as extending Metro to this location, by the time it is done, Snyder or his successor will be angling for a new stadium.

If they build the stadium as proposed, infrastructure and supporting businesses will pop up quickly.
It didn't happen for FedEx Field

Indeed. A few short years ago the stretch of I-95 from the beltway to just outside Fredericksburg, which includes this location, was ranked the worst traffic hotspot in America. Having driven there on a holiday weekend (it was an unavoidable wedding), I agree.

I'm sure the dream is to build a Foxboro with a giant retail/entertainment complex around it to drive extra income.

IF they built infrastructure such as extending Metro to this location, by the time it is done, Snyder or his successor will be angling for a new stadium.

We really going to trust Dan Synder property to give business owners and consumers what they really want? Dan will probably try to suck businesses dry from day one. I wouldn't be surprised if it turn into another FedEx Fields.

Why aren't they looking into buying the land where RFK stadium is and building a new stadium there? It's going to be demolished this year from what I'm reading

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom