N/S: Weird Day--Wonder how Sapp feels? (1 Viewer)

Professor

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I was just reading some of the stories online about Favre's retirement, and I started wondering about how Warren Sapp must feel retiring on the same day and being what is most definitely back page news. Sapp has quite an ego, so the fact that few seem interested in his retirement right now probably bothers him some. I am sure he understands why the turmoil surrounds the QB ironman, but I am also certain it isn't the send off from the press he anticipated. But everywhere it's FAVRE RETIRES! with a sort of "oh yeah, so did Sapp" flavor to the headlines.

Just an observation. No comments needed.

Really, I di not hear about Sapp's retirement. Oh yeah he is mad. Bye Brett Favre you will be remembered.

He should have retired tomorrow

I thought Sapp announced his retirement like a month and a half ago?

Wait I've known about Sapp retiring for a while, so I'm confused.

Maybe Sapp can come out of retirement and sign with us, then he will be noticed.

Last edited:
He has kinda fallen out of the spotlight since he went to the Raiders. Its not really that he didnt do well there its just that Oakland really is a black hole. Im sure he is ticked anyway

Scenario reminds me a great deal of the day Princess Diana died. "The tragic loss of her life" far eclipsed every other news story that day (and for the next....however many years)

At the bottom of the news that day, another death - Mother Teresa's.

edit - Teresa dies a few days later, but the story was still eclipsed by Diana's death and the details surrounding it.

I was just reading some of the stories online about Favre's retirement, and I started wondering about how Warren Sapp must feel retiring on the same day and being what is most definitely back page news. Sapp has quite an ego, so the fact that few seem interested in his retirement right now probably bothers him some. I am sure he understands why the turmoil surrounds the QB ironman, but I am also certain it isn't the send off from the press he anticipated. But everywhere it's FAVRE RETIRES! with a sort of "oh yeah, so did Sapp" flavor to the headlines.

Just an observation. No comments needed.

I actually thought it was fitting since he and Favre always went at it when they played anyway. It's like Favre still got in the last jab.

Sapp had a few good years ... but was over-rated then too... he was loud and obnoxious .. so he got press...he is a fat loser now and nobody cares that he retired 5 years after he should have ...

Sapp= fat poop punk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom