N/S (well kind of) What Happened to Kenny Wilkerson? (1 Viewer)

Here’s a nice write up on his passing. I miss him and Buddy.

How did he lose out on Buddy’s job (which went to Hebert)?

It seems so odd that he would be let go for releasing insider info, when insider info is what guys like Schefter, Rappaport, etc. make a living off of.
Depends on the info

Depends on the info
The issue is whether the information is being provided by an approved source for the purpose of dissemination. Schefter, et. al. aren't reporting anything that isn't provided by a source with authority to provide the information. That's totally different than a mole within the organization unilaterally feeding information to someone who in turn broadcasts the information.

I remember him being pretty “open” with information and some speculation that he might have been “under the influence” of something whilst posting. That was all just speculation as I recall but I do remember things getting weird before he stopped posting. It was a very strange situation - or maybe I just recall it that way.

I was never a fan of Wilkerson outside of his sideline reporting and postgame locker room interviews. When he was on the radio away from the actual games, I usually opted to not listen. But despite all that, I was sad to hear of his late-life struggles and his eventual passing.

Who was the guy that came on right after Buddy D? He had a show that ran from 7 to 9.
Whenever someone called in from New Orleans East, he always said "home of not one good restaurant"

I remember him being pretty “open” with information and some speculation that he might have been “under the influence” of something whilst posting. That was all just speculation as I recall but I do remember things getting weird before he stopped posting. It was a very strange situation - or maybe I just recall it that way.

I was never a fan of Wilkerson outside of his sideline reporting and postgame locker room interviews. When he was on the radio away from the actual games, I usually opted to not listen. But despite all that, I was sad to hear of his late-life struggles and his eventual passing.
I do wonder how much of a toll being let go from WWL and missing out on replacing Buddy D had to do with his downward spiral.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom